Ford Focus ST Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter #1
Gang,

Got a brake bulb fault error warning. Passenger brake light was illuminated but wouldn't brighten while pressing brake pedal. Replaced both bulbs with Sylvania brand, as I've done before with no problem.

Went to start the car. Wouldn't start. Headlights and brake lights come on, dome lights come on. The sound of three clicks from somewhere behind my head (I think?). The needles on the gauges shudder like they're trying to come to life but never activate. No radio. Door locks start working only intermittently. In-dash screen (ST1) turns on, off, on off, then starts throwing every electrical error message you can think of.

Brake bulb fault
Ignition system fault
Engine fault - service immediately (lol)
No fob detected

Door locks stop working. Couldn't raise the hatch to easily reach the light housings and pull them out again to inspect. It's late, I've had a long week, so I manually locked all the doors and came in here to consult the Genius Bar.

halp 馃槶

Premium Member
Check the voltage on the battery, the ST really likes to some screwy stuff when the battery is going.

Registered
Discussion Starter #3
Check the voltage on the battery, the ST really likes to some screwy stuff when the battery is going.
This was apparently the problem (for now...dot dot dot...dot). Replaced battery, car started, no more error signals. Thanks!

Premium Member
This was apparently the problem (for now...dot dot dot...dot). Replaced battery, car started, no more error signals. Thanks!
Glad to hear it!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts