Ford Focus ST Forum banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
63 Posts
I went with turbosmart, dual port BOV. Outstanding quality and 0 issues other than a pain in my ass to install lol. (Make sure you have the right tools)

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

·
Registered
201 Posts
I just installed the Mountune bpv yesterday. Very nice quality piece, direct swap for the stock one, no tune adjustments required.

Reactions: DaKineST

·
Registered
127 Posts
I have the Boomba on mine, Its loud and sounds awesome. As far as installation goes its pretty simple, a nice set of the Long ball end hex sockets make it a lot easier.

·
Registered
222 Posts
The reasons I went with the Boomba BOV for my 2016 Focus ST:
1. Fits in the factory location / easy install
2. Made specifically for the Focus ST
3. Never needs cleaning/adjustment
4. Great sound

Now if you're looking for a BPV, then the Mountune BPV is the best choice out there IMO. Boomba also just released a BPV.

·
Super Moderator
2017 Ford Fusion Sport
8,200 Posts
I too have the Boomba BOV and honestly the sound is awesome and the quality is fantastic.

The only other input I can provide other than that all of the brands mentioned above will probably do you the same justice, I just love Boomba's products.

·
Registered
2,252 Posts
+1 for TurboSmart dual port. The only problem with any bov on this car is they vent ALL THE TIME! Like, -1 psi and I can hear it venting between shifts. It's ridiculous. Hopefully when I re-route the vacuum line to the sound symposer delete it will cut that down some but that's part of the trade off for having a turbo that makes boost at virtually every rpm.

·
Registered
2016 Ford Focus ST3
689 Posts
releasing Air into the air is BAD!!!! CA will never allow it so I highly recommend not installing this on a car that need CARB compliance!
LOL air into the air :)

how about BPVs? any improvement going with one of those?

·
Registered
2,843 Posts
LOL air into the air :)

how about BPVs? any improvement going with one of those?
what do you mean improvement? there isn't "improvement" going to anything. these are 100% noise makers and will not add 1HP or 1/2lb-tq

BPV is what is in the car and a aftermarket is a another piece of metal other than stock doing the same thing.

·
Registered
2016 Ford Focus ST3
689 Posts
what do you mean improvement? there isn't "improvement" going to anything. these are 100% noise makers and will not add 1HP or 1/2lb-tq

BPV is what is in the car and a aftermarket is a another piece of metal other than stock doing the same thing.
meaning will they hold boost longer than stock? or better?

·
Registered
2,843 Posts
meaning will they hold boost longer than stock? or better?
I haven't seen proof anywhere stating that they do. but I have heard of aftermarket ones failing and causing issues. likely from improper installations

I have stage 3 tune on my car with stock BPV. I hit 24PSI many times and it holes throughout the pull. I have been this way for 10k+miles and no issues.

I have also heard of people having issues with the stock one but I haven't seen it and not sure if it was user tampering with it to make it fail.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts