Ford Focus ST Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've only had my ST for about a week and I just purchased the turbosmart duel port. I can't wait to get it. Anyway I was wondering if it only blows out on shifts or will it blow anytime the turbo spools up and the throttle is closed?

·
Registered
862 Posts
These are actually pretty weird they blow off all the time in or out of boost but this was the first thing I did to my car when it was stock turbo and it put a smile on my face install is very easy.

·
Registered
113 Posts
You can move the vacuum source so that the bov doesn't go off every time you let off the throttle at low speed or in traffic. The computer controls the current BPV using a solenoid hooked up to the intake of the turbo. If you do a symposer delete add a fitting on the block-off plate and connect a hose from the fitting to your bov it will have a true vacuum source and only go off when there is proper boost level instead of when the computer thinks it's necessary.

·
Registered
53 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I'm getting it in the mail today. So do I need to make it softer or harder or is it set up already for a stock st?

·
Registered
1,072 Posts
I'm getting it in the mail today. So do I need to make it softer or harder or is it set up already for a stock st?
Thats a good question, Mine vents whenever theres a little bit of boost build up, even if the needle on the gauge doesnt show boost. The stock bypass valve probably does the same thing, we just dont hear it.

Out of the box, I have no idea if they are all set to the same position from the factory, I would assume so but i have heard people have to adjust them because they are way too loose. Mine was ok, it vents a little more often than Id like but from reading how to tell if its adjusted properly, mine seems fine right out of the box

·
Registered
2,252 Posts
If you put it in the stock location like I have with my TurboSmart it will vent very often, any time you get close to 0.0 boost and let off the throttle. Very difficult to avoid getting blow-off between shifts while driving normally.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
yours might need to be adjusted if its happening so often, for me its only audible when I know its reaching boost and I take my foot off throttle. it can be adjusted -> Technical Articles | Adjusting Your Bov Or Bpv 1 | Turbosmart USA
So I got my bov and noticed that when they screwed the top on at the factory, that the Oring was screwed out and was hanging out. I unscrewed it and put the Oring back and retighting it. I wasn't sure how tight it should be so I eyed it to where it was when I first got it. Anyway it's working and sounding good so I assume I didn't mess up at all on the install. So as long as it idles normal and doesn't stall or backfire then it's good?

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I'm loving it so far. It does blow all the time and so far I've read that it's the computer and a Cobb ap tune will make it so that it only blows when it's got a lot of boost. Is this right? Also what exactly does tightening or loosening the bov do?

·
Premium Member
13,285 Posts
I'm loving it so far. It does blow all the time and so far I've read that it's the computer and a Cobb ap tune will make it so that it only blows when it's got a lot of boost. Is this right? Also what exactly does tightening or loosening the bov do?
It's a spring adjustment. Mainly so you can tune the valve so you don't get compressor surge and idle issues.

Sent from another garage.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts