Ford Focus ST Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
help me justify some stupid stuff i have in my brain. ive had the car 4 years now. it's time for some updating before i get bored and buy a different car.

i have a tial BOV from an old project.

im seeing the stocker bpv is known for causing issues.

do i fab up some charge pipes or do i just buy a bpv?

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
probably best idea. after cutting up the hoses to install a $30 adapter then running the vacuum line to a $30 symposer delete and then buying a $30 bpv cover it ends up right up where the bpv replacement would be anyways.

plus if i sell the car it's much easier to return to stock.

ill just save the tial for the LS build i guess.

·
Registered
2,439 Posts
probably best idea. after cutting up the hoses to install a $30 adapter then running the vacuum line to a $30 symposer delete and then buying a $30 bpv cover it ends up right up where the bpv replacement would be anyways.

plus if i sell the car it's much easier to return to stock.

ill just save the tial for the LS build i guess.
I would still install a symposer delete plate and hook the bov to the symposer delete. You just need about four to five feet of hose a vacuum cap and some clamps. You don't even run the hose over to the bov. You run it from the block off plate up on top of the motor where the bov line hooks up under the engine cover. And block off the vacuum solenoid that normally runs it with a vacuum cap.

·
Registered
2018 Focus ST3
128 Posts
I would get a 2.25" pipe with TiAL flange (if it exists) and just plumb it into the hot side pipe. Block off the stock BPV, do sound symposer delete and feed the TiAL BOV from the sound symposer vacuum.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts