Ford Focus ST Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi I am trying to figure out a over boost code i am getting occasionally on my ST that i recently got.

I installed a Turbosmart BOV. I noticed that the vacuum line was replaced at some point. It looks like it is from an auto parts store. The vacuum line ran from the stock BOV over to the solenoid that is on the BOV bracket. My question is that correct? I am looking to run the BOV to the symposer delete and the write up says the vacuum line is supposed to run up to the top of the engine in stock config. Thanks for any help!

·
Registered
48 Posts
Hi I am trying to figure out a over boost code i am getting occasionally on my ST that i recently got.

I installed a Turbosmart BOV. I noticed that the vacuum line was replaced at some point. It looks like it is from an auto parts store. The vacuum line ran from the stock BOV over to the solenoid that is on the BOV bracket. My question is that correct? I am looking to run the BOV to the symposer delete and the write up says the vacuum line is supposed to run up to the top of the engine in stock config. Thanks for any help!
The line connected to the bung on the BOV should run up top and connect to the boost control solenoid on top of the engine. You can also connect the line to the symposer delete plate with the bung on it and block off where it connects to the boost solenoid. I ran it connected to the symposer delete plate for a long time and ended up switching it back to being hooked up to the boost solenoid. When its connected to the symposer delete plate boost comes on ALOT more aggressively and quicker. It was fun for a bit but I would be hitting like 15lbs of boost sometimes completely on accident just daily driving.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The line connected to the bung on the BOV should run up top and connect to the boost control solenoid on top of the engine. You can also connect the line to the symposer delete plate with the bung on it and block off where it connects to the boost solenoid. I ran it connected to the symposer delete plate for a long time and ended up switching it back to being hooked up to the boost solenoid. When its connected to the symposer delete plate boost comes on ALOT more aggressively and quicker. It was fun for a bit but I would be hitting like 15lbs of boost sometimes completely on accident just daily driving.
Ok makes sense what is the sensor that is on the bov bracket thing then. I has 3 vacuum lines and an electrical connector. I assumed one is vac/boost source. One for the BOV and one for the Waste Gate. The sensor looks like the sensor everyone is referencing on the top of the engine. thanks again for the help!

·
Registered
48 Posts
Ok makes sense what is the sensor that is on the bov bracket thing then. I has 3 vacuum lines and an electrical connector. I assumed one is vac/boost source. One for the BOV and one for the Waste Gate. The sensor looks like the sensor everyone is referencing on the top of the engine. thanks again for the help!
They are both boost control solenoids. I believe it is similar, if not completely identical, to the one on top of the motor. Its been a bit since I've messed with them. If I'm remembering correctly, I switched the 2 solenoids around trying to troubleshoot an issue I was having and it made no difference in how the car ran. With that being said though, I am not sure if they are the same, they look physically identical from what I remember, but could be very different on the inside.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Interesting so it seems like the previous owner has all the vacuum lines mixed up. I wish i could get a vac diagram so i can make sure all these lines are correct.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I might have been mistaken looking at it. I found some diagrams that sensor by the turbo is for the waste gate the on the intake is for the BOV. I am going to go out and look around and make sure they are all going where they should be.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts