Ford Focus ST Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

I recently bought a modified ST. I'm not much of a "Car Guy" and I am not knowledgeable under the hood.

My 2013 ST has a Boomba BOV. It is too loud for my liking. I'd like to get the stock piece back so I can stop feeling so obnoxious on the road. I've googled terms like Bypass Valve and Wastegate, but I haven't found anything other than other aftermarket BOV's. Does anybody know where I can find this part?

Also, my car has a Stage 1 SCT tune. Will I have to re-calibrate the tune after losing the Boomba?

If there's anything else I need to consider when making this change, please feel free to inform me.

Sorry if this post(my first) is in the wrong location.

Thanks

·
Registered
2014 Ford Focus ST3
229 Posts
Same here. Car came with some aftermarket bov. I'd like to oem bpv too.

·
Registered
162 Posts
Not sure where to find the OEM bpv, but both Mountune and Boomba make bpv's as well. You won't need to change anything in your tune going from bov to bpv though.

·
Super Moderator
2017 Ford Fusion Sport
8,194 Posts
Same here. Car came with some aftermarket bov. I'd like to oem bpv too.
Not sure where to find the OEM bpv, but both Mountune and Boomba make bpv's as well. You won't need to change anything in your tune going from bov to bpv though.
Yeah you can get a 50/50 valve (50% into atmosphere and 50% recirculated) or a full BPV (just like stock...100% recirculated) from @Boomba Racing or most other brands that make them if you don't want loud. Boomba has awesome pieces and do the best at loud and I think just as well quiet if you would rather have that.

·
Registered
331 Posts
I've got my stock one off my 17' just laying in my garage if either of you would be interested in buying it? Id sell it pretty cheap. Doesnt look like its offered by Ford separately.

·
Registered
18 Posts
If you were in california I'd to trade my stock for the boomba, I've been on the fence about an aftermarket one. Is it something that sounds good at first and then you get annoyed or is it simply too much?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Yupp, you've got it. At first I was pumped about it. It took me about 2 weeks before I had had enough. They're fun at times, but it's really redundant on the highway IMO. I don't even want to drive with my windows down anymore. I've found that the Boomba is one of the loudest. I almost want to get the Tial Q BOV, it's a lot less pronounced.

·
Registered
2014 Ford Focus ST3
229 Posts
I've got my stock one off my 17' just laying in my garage if either of you would be interested in buying it? Id sell it pretty cheap. Doesnt look like its offered by Ford separately.
Ops thread. If he rejects your offer. I'll go for it.

·
Registered
162 Posts
If you were in california I'd to trade my stock for the boomba, I've been on the fence about an aftermarket one. Is it something that sounds good at first and then you get annoyed or is it simply too much?
Depends on what you want. I've had my Boomba for over 16k miles now. I love every minute of it.. haha. For some, it's too much.

·
Registered
80 Posts
The stock BPV is a weak link in the system. DONT go backwards. Sell your BOV and put that money towards the Boomba full adjustable $180 or mountune $169 full time BPV.

You should not have to change your tune unless you want to go back to stock set up. I have a less then 2k mile stock BPV I can send you just cover the $6 to send it USPS. I would not waste my time with it, not worth the effort but if you feel you must I have one.

Hi,

I recently bought a modified ST. I'm not much of a "Car Guy" and I am not knowledgeable under the hood.

My 2013 ST has a Boomba BOV. It is too loud for my liking. I'd like to get the stock piece back so I can stop feeling so obnoxious on the road. I've googled terms like Bypass Valve and Wastegate, but I haven't found anything other than other aftermarket BOV's. Does anybody know where I can find this part?

Also, my car has a Stage 1 SCT tune. Will I have to re-calibrate the tune after losing the Boomba?

If there's anything else I need to consider when making this change, please feel free to inform me.

Thanks

·
Registered
505 Posts
You can find a mountune unit discounted on eBay. I picked one up for $100.
You can sell your boomba for more and come out ahead.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
222 Posts
Hi,

Thanks
As was mentioned I wouldn't replace an aftermarket BOV with the stock BPV *ON A TUNED CAR*. The stock BPV will leak with the increased boost from your tune and you'll have problems down the line. It's better to replace it with a Boomba Racing/Mountune/insert other brand BPV that can handle the increased boost with little or no increase in sound. No re-calibration of the tune is required also.

BTW @reety82 has a Mountune BPV for sale right now!

·
2017 Kona Blue ST1
2,584 Posts
This thread is 5 years old.

Reactions: ddfred
1 - 20 of 20 Posts