Ford Focus ST Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So, im in the market for a Blow Off Valve. ive heard of the boomba racing and the turbosmart being the most popular but was curious to see if any of you guys knew of any other good ones?

·
Super Moderator
2017 Ford Fusion Sport
8,194 Posts
So, im in the market for a Blow Off Valve. ive heard of the boomba racing and the turbosmart being the most popular but was curious to see if any of you guys knew of any other good ones?
I mean CP-e has one I think...but you basically just named the best options. I love my fully venting Boomba.

·
Registered
99 Posts
I had the tuebosmart bov but sounded like every other focus st here. So I bought the cpe exhale hks ssqv kit and love it.

Sent from my LG-H820 using Tapatalk

·
Super Moderator
2017 Ford Fusion Sport
8,194 Posts
I will say if you want it because you really want the sound...the Boomba is definitely the loudest unless the CP-e is louder. Boomba will snap necks for a mile...and the Turbosmart will snap necks for about 3/5th of a mile. (Not actually that far...but you know what I'm getting at.)
Edit: I love it. Hence why I love the Boomba.

·
Registered
408 Posts
Boomba only has 2 bov and its balls to walls loud. I have it and like it. I would prefer the cpe kit with an hks but their price is ridiculous and i cant bring my self to paying that much. If your patient you can get them for cheap on the classifieds or black friday is around the corner

Sent from my SM-G935T using Tapatalk

·
Registered
816 Posts
If you want a pure bolt on replacement, there is the turbosmart and the boomba, with the boomba being the louder of the two. When others refer to the cp-e blow off, it's the cp-e exhale pipe they are referring to. This plugs the current bpv on your turbo and creates a bov flange on your cold side intercooler piping. The options for those are tial and hks. Out of these two the hks is the louder one, but is more of a classic whistle sound while the tial is more of a "grunting" bov. Hope that helps

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: SFST14

·
Super Moderator
2017 Ford Fusion Sport
8,194 Posts
I imagine that you are probably more in the realm of Boomba or Turbosmart. Full vent into the atmosphere or 50/50. Take your pick or stick with stock and throw a nice filter on your stock intake and listen to the mellow sound of our stock BPV (which loudens up when you put a better filter on)

·
Registered
154 Posts
I had the tuebosmart bov but sounded like every other focus st here. So I bought the cpe exhale hks ssqv kit and love it.

Sent from my LG-H820 using Tapatalk
That's the best sounding one and sets apart from all the others, how much did you find yours for?

·
Registered
50 Posts
I have a forge atmosphere one. it was easy to install and gets looks all the time. I haven't heard any of the others in person so I can't compare them. I picked it up last year on black friday.

·
Registered
8 Posts
I recently installed my Turbosmart BOV about a week ago and have been extremely happy with it so far. I've gotten compliments on it everywhere I go. You have my vote on the turbosmart one!

·
Registered
558 Posts
I just want slightly louder than the factory. I don't want loud just a bit better than factory. You can hear mine with the windows down and no audio at low speed. But I want just a hair more. I live in a well to do neighborhood. You know A6 and A8 and MB S550's, so I want subtle but louder.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts