Ford Focus ST Forum banner

21 - 33 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
2,840 Posts
Exale kit sits way to close, and the cold side pipe sucks to put on, never wanna take mine off again...A

What spring do we run on the Tial? I'm stock turbo for now, and will probably upgrade to the 2863 or something.

TB Performance is making a new Hot Side kit, I will be waiting for his kit.
Yeah I have heard TB performance is make charge pipes for a while now.... but still nothing so I got something coming that should be really cool.... cant wait to finish it and show it off.

·
Registered
86 Posts
here is my install, preety straight foward. Works great! no leaks even at full boost.
parts used....
1. ATP block off plate.$40.00
2.2" wide BOV flange 6" long $15.00
3. BOV $40.00 Ebay

Used a cheap bov for now just to test it, I already have a real Greddy on the way.
I got another hot side charge pipe just in case i mess it up but it went straight foward. I already had a symposer delete
with the provision for the vacumm source. The BOV sits right below the vacumm source so its perfect. Install took me
about 1hr in total.

No need to buy expensive "Exhale kits"! and you may even use the HKS jnits since the same size flange is available on Ebay.
IMG_0204.JPG
IMG_0206.JPG
IMG_0207.JPG
IMG_0213.JPG

·
Registered
2,840 Posts
here is my install, preety straight foward. Works great! no leaks even at full boost.
parts used....
3. BOV $40.00 Ebay

Used a cheap bov for now just to test it, I already have a real Greddy on the way.
I got another hot side charge pipe just in case i mess it up but it went straight foward. I already had a symposer delete
with the provision for the vacumm source. The BOV sits right below the vacumm source so its perfect. Install took me
about 1hr in total.

No need to buy expensive "Exhale kits"! and you may even use the HKS jnits since the same size flange is available on Ebay.
[ATTAC[/ATTACH]
Great work.
I got something coming.. will share once it is completed

·
Registered
19 Posts
parts used....
3. BOV $40.00 Ebay

about 1hr in total.

View attachment 269018
View attachment 269034
View attachment 269042
View attachment 269050
Sorry to resurrect this old thread....

The pics are dead now. Did you use a section of pipe with a Greddy flange on it, and then cut the stock rubber?

·
Registered
2,840 Posts
Any disadvantage to having it on the hot side vs. cold?
Nope. I had mine on hot side. I know a lot of people that run it on either side. make 100% no difference. releasing or blowing off air from the system, the air doesn't matter as long as it has a place to go out

·
Registered
6 Posts
Why use a BOV and not a BPV? Are you relocating the MAF sensor? After reading and watching info on the www I thought an ST should be equiped wit a BPV.

21 - 33 of 33 Posts