Ford Focus ST Forum banner

BOV OEM bolt size?

6K views 13 replies 6 participants last post by  STallion18 
#1 ·
I have a boost leak because of my Boomba BOV not being fully secure and I cant tighten the bolts because they are stripped. So i ordered the GFB DVX BOV but it did not come with bolts. I believe I'm supposed to use the OEM bolts but i do not have them on hand.

Does anyone know where i can buy them or what the OEM size BOV bolts are?

Thank you

#2 ·
Are the bolt heads themselves stripped or what you are screwing into stripped?
Not good if the threads are stripped out of the turbo.

#8 ·
Those tools would've been really helpful when changing out the stock BPV. I used a standard length (5 or 6 inch long) ball-end Allen Key, and a pair of vice grips, which worked fine. I tightened them the same way (being careful not to over-tighten them) and used a drop of blue threadlocking compound, as the bolts that were installed from the factory had the residue of threadlocking compound on them.

#10 ·
I just installed a turbosmart a couple of weeks ago and I think I still have my OEM bolts lying around... If you're willing to toss a few bucks my way for shipping and share your address with a stranger, I'll ship them your way.

#12 ·
I missed the part where England was a thing. Whoops.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.