Ford Focus ST Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

· Registered
2013 TS FoST ST3
160 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This weekend I had taken a 5 hour round trip adventure with my car, (13 st3)
I have TS BOV hooked up to the block off plate,
I noticed when I got home that its now releasing air when accelerating instead of when letting off the gas.
I haven't had time to look it over yet but any ideas on what it could be?

· Registered
1,799 Posts
This weekend I had taken a 5 hour round trip adventure with my car, (13 st3)
I have TS BOV hooked up to the block off plate,
I noticed when I got home that its now releasing air when accelerating instead of when letting off the gas.
I haven't had time to look it over yet but any ideas on what it could be?
This seems to be a trend with the turbo mounted vent to atmosphere BOV's for the FoST. I noticed this happening periodically with my Boomba noise maker, It wouldn't lose boost pressure, but it would make like a constant gushing noise under acceleration, then operate normal after shifting into the next gear, or feathering of the throttle. This and just the constant erratic blowing off even when pulling off of the symposer delete vacuum source was enough for me to switch to an uprated BPV like the GFB DV+.

One thing to keep in mind is that the turbo mounted BOV's need regular maintenance due to their location, and I pulled the Boomba BOV off about twice a year, to clean and lube it (not with regular grease either as it just gets gunky over a short period of time) and it still didn't help with its inconsistency.

Reactions: JOKR-ST

· Registered
2013 TS FoST ST3
160 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
This seems to be a trend with the turbo mounted vent to atmosphere BOV's for the FoST. I noticed this happening periodically with my Boomba noise maker, It wouldn't lose boost pressure, but it would make like a constant gushing noise under acceleration, then operate normal after shifting into the next gear, or feathering of the throttle. This and just the constant erratic blowing off even when pulling off of the symposer delete vacuum source was enough for me to switch to an uprated BPV like the GFB DV+.

One thing to keep in mind is that the turbo mounted BOV's need regular maintenance due to their location, and I pulled the Boomba BOV off about twice a year, to clean and lube it (not with regular grease either as it just gets gunky over a short period of time) and it still didn't help with its inconsistency.
mine is only releasing under throttle now, and not after releasing like it should, basically operating backwards

· Registered
1,799 Posts
mine is only releasing under throttle now, and not after releasing like it should, basically operating backwards
Has the BOV ever been serviced? Again in my scenario it was intermittently consistent if that makes sense. The first time it happened, I pulled the BOV off, and it was dirty. So I cleaned/relubed and installed it. It was good for about 7 months, then I pulled it off again, but this time the valve was not as dirty but the BOV piston was dry. Repeated the same steps and after it happened a third time I just said "f*ck this sh*t" this is stupid, and I'm getting sick of the random blowing off even though it was connected to the natural vacuum source. The solenoid connection was even worse lol.

Reactions: JOKR-ST
1 - 6 of 6 Posts