Ford Focus ST Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a boomba bov. It's been installed for about 7k miles with no issues, up until now. For the past week or so, it'll stop working after about 5 minutes of driving. It's fine up until that 5 or so minutes, then it makes no sound. I haven't had the time to take a look at it, but I will tonight. Faulty bov? Leak? Anyone else ever have this problem before? Opinions are appreciated. Thanks

Other mods are Cobb access port (tuned by mountune), levels intercooler, green filter, and a catback.

·
Super Moderator
2017 Ford Fusion Sport
8,194 Posts
I have a boomba bov. It's been installed for about 7k miles with no issues, up until now. For the past week or so, it'll stop working after about 5 minutes of driving. It's fine up until that 5 or so minutes, then it makes no sound. I haven't had the time to take a look at it, but I will tonight. Faulty bov? Leak? Anyone else ever have this problem before? Opinions are appreciated. Thanks

Other mods are Cobb access port (tuned by mountune), levels intercooler, green filter, and a catback.
So if you build boost it isn't firing? How much boost did you build? @Boomba Racing

·
Registered
660 Posts

This could be a few things since the BOV in our cars are controlled electronically and not from a "real" vacuum source. So could be the BOV, could be the electronic mechanism. I know some of the first production Boomba BOV could stick but haven't heard of this from any newer ones and most of the original ones have been replaced. I would also think that it would be more likely to stick when cold instead of after warming up. Electronics, however, tend to die after heating up. You could test by running a vacuum line from a symposer delete and blocking the original line from the electronic mechanism to test if it is the BOV or the electronics.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
The bov fires until the car is I guess warmed up. Haven't really pushed the boost too high lately because of this situation, so I can't really tell if it's a leak.

·
Vendor
3,278 Posts

Sorry to hear you are having an issue with the blow off valve, please shoot us a PM so we can get this sorted out thank you.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Sorry to hear you are having an issue with the blow off valve, please shoot us a PM so we can get this sorted out thank you.
Sorry to bring this back from the dead, but I am having the same issue. Was this ever resolved? What did the issue end up being? Did the problem ever happen again after resolution?

·
Super Moderator
2017 Ford Fusion Sport
8,194 Posts
Sorry to bring this back from the dead, but I am having the same issue. Was this ever resolved? What did the issue end up being? Did the problem ever happen again after resolution?
Might get a better response by PM'ing them honestly, they respond pretty reliably. If not immediate, they will definitely get back to you.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts