Ford Focus ST Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
135 Posts
wait, I know that the GTI is down spec'd but is it really faster stock v stock?

Reactions: Carrier

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
well, i'm not exactly stock, but the GTI feels fast to me. Lot more power up high in the rpm band

·
Registered
816 Posts
You win in the looks department

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
135 Posts
stock for stock no

with an APR tune they make a lot more power than we can with our oem turbo
ohh, I know that.... I was just wondering about stock.... But thanks for answering....

·
Registered
328 Posts
ohh, I know that.... I was just wondering about stock.... But thanks for answering....
Should be about "equal" depending on driver. I was trying to keep up with a mk7 gti and it was slightly pulling away from me. We werent going all that fast, it was after we both turned onto a surface street. It also could have been equipped with the DSG transmission that shifts stupid fast.

·
Registered
816 Posts
The GTI may have better numbers on paper, but which ones funner to drive?
:tongue:
*more fun haha sorry had to do it

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
135 Posts
Should be about "equal" depending on driver. I was trying to keep up with a mk7 gti and it was slightly pulling away from me. We werent going all that fast, it was after we both turned onto a surface street. It also could have been equipped with the DSG transmission that shifts stupid fast.
Equal? You think so? I pulled a little bit on one not too long ago rolling on 30mph. But yeah, maybe its the driver. Also, I have to agree with you that DSG transmission engagement shifts rather quickly and its awesome. But I would still rather have a standard.

·
Registered
135 Posts
New GTI should come out ahead; similar actual whp, less weight, and more traction with available LSD.
hmm. Interesting. this is making me want to test drive a GTI. From all my friends who's had GTIs and GLIs tho, they always had issues with their cars.

·
Super Moderator
2017 Ford Fusion Sport
8,198 Posts
hmm. Interesting. this is making me want to test drive a GTI. From all my friends who's had GTIs and GLIs tho, they always had issues with their cars.
Well they are VWs so that's normal...

·
Registered
524 Posts
A buddy of mine has a bone stock GTI sport. I'm Freektuned "stage 3" with meth. Traction made it very difficult to pull on him, especially with his top end power. The low end torque of the focus would spin the tires, then hook up just in time to run out of breath in the top end. In the meantime, the GTI with little low end power wouldn't spin the tires, and the bigger turbo would help it take off in the higher rpms. No tractions issues with the limited slip for him.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts