Ford Focus ST Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I bought a 2015 Focus ST ST1. It has an upgraded intercooler and a Green air filter. as well as some other misc. mods. The car runs very strong.

How can I tell if im running the stock tune? Hopefully the PO would have returned it back to stock before trading it in but id like to know for sure.

Thanks,

Chris

·
Administrator
11,849 Posts
I bought a 2015 Focus ST ST1. It has an upgraded intercooler and a Green air filter. as well as some other misc. mods. The car runs very strong.

How can I tell if im running the stock tune? Hopefully the PO would have returned it back to stock before trading it in but id like to know for sure.

Thanks,

Chris
Thats tough. If he was tuned with an accessport he would have to unmarry it wih the car in order to sell the AP3. Which would revert you to stock. I believe the same goes for the SCT tuner, but im not to familiar with that device.

So you could have a FRPP tune, but hopefully someone else can shed more light

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thats tough. If he was tuned with an accessport he would have to unmarry it wih the car in order to sell the AP3. Which would revert you to stock. I believe the same goes for the SCT tuner, but im not to familiar with that device.

So you could have a FRPP tune, but hopefully someone else can shed more light
Thanks for the response. I have a Bluetooth OBDII reader and Torque Pro which i can use to monitor the engine if anyone has any thoughts on how i could use that to tell. I did notice that the CEL codes were reset shortly before i bought the car. I figured that this was a sign that it may have been flashed back to stock before being traded in to the dealer. I also scanned for codes and it was clean.

Chris

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Have been watching my boost numbers occasionally when i have a chance with Torque Pro. The Max boost this far has been between 18-19psi but typically seeing around 16psi. I think at this point im convinced that the tune is stock but still interested in any other ways to verify.

Thanks - Chris

·
Premium Member
392 Posts
Boost reading could give you indication. Also maybe take a look at the ags and see if they stay open all the time, since it is optional on the tunes. My stage 1 tune gave a real agressive 1-2 where its super easy to spin the tires when taking off from a light. The stock tune not so much at all. That can be another indicator. Maybe look to see if it has colder plugs since alot of folks with tunes decide to run a colder plug. Some tuners also raise the idle 50-70 rpm or so, from stock, to smooth it out, another thing you can check. These are just some things I have noticed, hth.

edit- I noticed your from Omaha, I am from there. I have history with most shops out there. Be careful which shop works on your ST btw.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts