Ford Focus ST Forum banner

41 - 60 of 118 Posts

·
Premium Member
266 Posts
Looks like you got a really good deal. I really like those wheels with the color. Your car looks great from your pictures!!

Get your oil leak fixed. Figure out if it's tuned and we'll help you sort out everything else.

·
Premium Member
313 Posts
And no, using premium gas is never a bad idea. Running 93 when you're tuned for 91 is fine. Running 91 when you're tuned for 93 on the other hand... Not such a good idea.
And until you know what's really going on, I'd rather play it safe and use the highest quality gas available.

·
Registered
1,524 Posts
Just drove it to the gym (hopefully the oil leak isn’t so bad that I shouldn’t be driving it lol, it kinda smelled like oil after I got out).
sounds like the car wants to die if I start it and just let it run without moving.
Another thing is that I filled up with premium gas. Is that bad if it’s tuned for regular?

Here’s a modest video of what it sounds like if anyone’s interested:

I can't get any sound on the video

·
Super Moderator
7,130 Posts

·
Registered
121 Posts
Could somebody tell him how to do the cruise control thing to check if it has a Cobb tune (I don't have one, so I don't know how). Maybe he can change it to a different tune that will run better.

@Mxxxxx - you definitely need a tune if you're running a catless downpipe

·
Super Moderator
7,130 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #52
That’s fine with me. I love how the car sounds/runs. If I can get the oil leak fixed and a tune I should be in good shape then... although I may get a quote for some upgrades ;)

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #53
Just pulled the codes with my buddy’s reader and it’s p0234 and p0420(no cat). I didn’t know about the p0234

·
Premium Member
313 Posts
Just pulled the codes with my buddy’s reader and it’s p0234 and p0420(no cat). I didn’t know about the p0234
P0234 is not so nice. That's engine overboost. Idk if your map is a fault here or if there's something iffy.
Best would imo indeed be to get the performance shop to look at it asap (especially wastegate, could be too tight) and then get an Accessport and have a reputable tuner look at the maps.

·
Super Moderator
7,130 Posts
P0234 is not so nice. That's engine overboost. Idk if your map is a fault here or if there's something iffy.
Best would imo indeed be to get the performance shop to look at it asap (especially wastegate, could be too tight) and then get an Accessport and have a reputable tuner look at the maps.
Ding!!

Looks light his wastegate is fully tightened, hence lack of heatshield. He needs a tune to sort it out. Its a good mod, but needs a tune to be proper.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #59
Ding!!

Looks light his wastegate is fully tightened, hence lack of heatshield. He needs a tune to sort it out. Its a good mod, but needs a tune to be proper.
Awesome thank you for chiming in.
Looks like I’m leaking oil pretty damn bad

Will be driving this thing straight to the shops parking lot and leaving it until next Wednesday and beyond for some work. Thanks for all the input everyone.will keep this updated further after I have them look at the issues everyone has told me about in this thread.

·
Registered
2,811 Posts
@Duece McCracken my thoughts as well, BSD, the shop will have to drop the oil pain to clean all that RTV off it, what a ghetto gross mess someone made. when they do though ask them to check if the motor has a balance shaft if not then you got an upgrade there. If it does have one well someone was throwing RTV on the outside of a problem and that never works.

honestly looks like someone big turboed the car. put it back to stock to sell it. could be wrong but the oil return on the turbo looks to be leaking? which is also a sign that the turbo could have been removed

41 - 60 of 118 Posts