Ford Focus ST Forum banner
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Bought my st last week from a dealer. I knew the car was modded as soon as I drove it. Still had the Cobb AP hooked up. I was able to get in contact with the previous owner and he told me (sent receipts) that the engine blew at around 60k. Previous owner apparently beat it up bad ?. He rebuilt the engine with forged internals and slapped a gtx2867r, had a mild port and polish done on the head, upgraded the injectors (1700cc from C.J. Pony), catless downpipe, muffler delete and yada, yada. Had it eTuned by Panda. I don't think the tune is up to snuff and wanted to post a log for y'all to look at.

datazap.me | GJBJR77 | 4th Gear 2-11-17

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2,733 Posts
I would get in contact with Panda, or any of the great tuners in the community and get that tune looked at. What fuel are running currently? Looking at the log, there's a lot of power still waiting to be unleashed. The timing is low low low, and you're getting some knock (which is why I asked about your octane). I wonder if the car has meth injection or aux fuel that isn't currently setup. Any pics of the engine bay?

As far as learning the platform, check out the articles from Stratified. There's lots of good info there. https://www.stratifiedauto.com/index.php?main_page=page&id=20&zenid=hko4fvkp10p7rb93e97gi70fm4

Reactions: gtx2867_ST

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I've ran nothing BUT 93. I saw the cylinder corrections too. That's why I wanted it looked at. I've been researching. I knew the cylinder corrections weren't good lol. And I know the car should make more power than it is.

·
Registered
2,733 Posts
I've ran nothing BUT 93. I saw the cylinder corrections too. That's why I wanted it looked at. I've been researching. I knew the cylinder corrections weren't good lol. And I know the car should make more power than it is.

Check in your Accessport under tune, and see what maps are available. Maybe this was the base tune which is why it has so little timing. Better off contacting the original tuner though to be safest.

·
Registered
9,129 Posts
Damn it, I seem to be the only one not on the road with engine work done....
If I were you Contact a reputable tuner and have the software re-tuned, do you're own data logs, see where the car is.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I did. This was the final tune. I sorta wonder if the Cobb AP came with the car when he bought it. Maybe the tune was for the car before all the mods. I'll contact Panda. They should be able to give me info off of the serial number on the Cobb unit... Correct?

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
If I were you Contact a reputable tuner and have the software re-tuned, do you're own data logs, see where the car is.
I hear nothing but good about [email protected] If Panda can't help me I'll probably get with him....
I wonder if it has a E85 tune. Definitely contact Panda. They will be able to help you more.

Sent from another garage.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I also linked this thread to their tuner. They might pop their heads in. But yeah contact them directly.

Thank you sir.... I'm old. Still learning about this platform... Lol. I've found a TON of useful info. I'm an ex old school Honda guy... So like I said... Alot to learn...

·
Registered
862 Posts
That's a lie sir.... my slocus is currently parked on the beach....

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Once my tax return hits I'll be getting a tune from Panda. I'm currently running a Stratified flash tune.

Is that just out of curiosity of what Panda wouldLD do differently? Or are you unhappy with the current Stratified tune?

·
Premium Member
13,973 Posts
Is that just out of curiosity of what Panda wouldLD do differently? Or are you unhappy with the current Stratified tune?

Not unhappy. At FocusFest I got a chance to hang out with Panda and picked their tuners brain. So I'm going to give their tune a shot and see how I like it.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts