Ford Focus ST Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
2016 Ford Focus ST3
689 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
been reading and many say the Bosch Icon 28AOE and 28BOE are good fits...

28AOE and 28BOE

any thoughts? options?

·
Premium Member
1,152 Posts
Trico Onyx is my favorite monoblade.

Get what ever is on sale :D and for winter, get the CHEAPEST blades you can get because the salt and ice will ruin them anyway.

·
Administrator
11,830 Posts
Trico Onyx is my favorite monoblade.

Get what ever is on sale :D and for winter, get the CHEAPEST blades you can get because the salt and ice will ruin them anyway.
Yeah, but those specific Icons have the correct wind deflector orientation. Our "saloon door" style wipers are not the industry norm, and manufacturers have not given us a ton of proper options.

Our car has specific driver's and passenger's wipers, which most people overlook for sake of convenience by just ordering the correct blade lengths and calling it a day.

·
Registered
2016 Kona Blue ST3
526 Posts
Icons are solid. I'm also a fan of the factory Motorcraft blades, they've been great for me. Not sure about the price difference.

·
Premium Member
1,152 Posts
Yeah, but those specific Icons have the correct wind deflector orientation. Our "saloon door" style wipers are not the industry norm, and manufacturers have not given us a ton of proper options.

Our car has specific driver's and passenger's wipers, which most people overlook for sake of convenience by just ordering the correct blade lengths and calling it a day.
I will take a look next time I go to the parts store. I never really considered our ST's with the opposed wiper blades a factor.

·
Registered
79 Posts
I have a coworker who claims his have lasted 5 years on his VW. i bought mine maybe 3 months ago and so far they're solid. They're the only ones besides the factory blades that have the specific left and right wind gaurd placement.

·
Registered
43 Posts
I used to run Bosch on all my cars until the ST, since they have the "opposing" wiper blades. I work at a parts store, and we can't get the 28BOE for some reason, so I usually just buy a set of Trico NeoForms whenever they're on sale. Like the people said above, the Trico Onyx WILL NOT WORK due to them having a wind-vane on one side to increase downforce. They aren't symmetrical.

The NeoForms are still a pretty solid blade, but not nearly as good/long-life as the bosch.

EDIT: Downforce of the BLADE, I'm not going to try and say a wiper blade will increase the downforce of the vehicle.....

·
Registered
13 Posts
Check out prices on rockauto.com. I shop the Premium beam style, which is where the ICONS are. I have been buying the Anco Contours which appear to be about the same but substantially cheaper than buying ICONS from the local auto parts store. I haven't had to buy them for the Focus yet so I have no idea how they compare to stock. But the contours that are on my truck seem to be the same as the stock focus wipers.

·
Registered
225 Posts
TBH, the OEM Motorcraft blades are the only blades I've been able to successfully run for 2 years in a row. Hell I might be able to get 3 out of them. Every other brand I've bought (Trico, Bosch, PIAA), got to crap after one winter+summer. Next winter they are toast.

Imma stick with the Motorcrafts!

·
Registered
738 Posts
TBH, the OEM Motorcraft blades are the only blades I've been able to successfully run for 2 years in a row. Hell I might be able to get 3 out of them. Every other brand I've bought (Trico, Bosch, PIAA), got to crap after one winter+summer. Next winter they are toast.

Imma stick with the Motorcrafts!

You know I think you are right........none of the aftermarket blades last more than 2 or 3 months for me. Gonna go back to the Motorcraft ones for this winter.

Reactions: devinw

·
Registered
27 Posts
You don?t need those! Haha. I?ve cleaned the factory blades with denatured alcohol and haven?t replaced them since I got the car over 2yrs ago. The car spent nearly 2yrs in Florida and they?ve held up even with the hot summers. Still no streaking on the windshield to date.

·
Registered
225 Posts
You know I think you are right........none of the aftermarket blades last more than 2 or 3 months for me. Gonna go back to the Motorcraft ones for this winter.
Rock Auto has good pricing on the OEMs BTW. Order a few sets plus a case of 12 oil filters and stock it all in your garage and be good to go! That's what I did!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts