Ford Focus ST Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2013 ST
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone tried Bosch ignition coil packs in their ST? They're significantly less expensive than the Motorcraft...and Bosch usually makes decent parts...

·
Super Moderator
2014 ST3. Garrett GTX2860R Gen 2. FBO
5,834 Posts
To answer your question, i have not. But I'd certainly give them a shot, being Bosch.

·
Super Moderator
2,406 Posts
there's an elephant in the room

why do you need new coil packs? Misfire on one cylinder perhaps?

·
Registered
2013 ST
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Stumbles at idle ... possible start of a misfire..... 200k km on the engine. Already changed the plugs....I will test the resistance of each coil on the weekend...but just wanted to preemptively ask about Bosch coils in case I need.

·
Super Moderator
2,406 Posts
Stumbles at idle ... possible start of a misfire..... 200k km on the engine. Already changed the plugs....I will test the resistance of each coil on the weekend...but just wanted to preemptively ask about Bosch coils in case I need.
makes sense, usually people who ask about coils have a dead cylinder, I don't think we've seen a dead cylinder that was a coil pack yet lol. Best of luck!

·
Administrator
13,736 Posts
makes sense, usually people who ask about coils have a dead cylinder, I don't think we've seen a dead cylinder that was a coil pack yet lol. Best of luck!
I cant recall ever seeing it.

I've seen shops claim "bad coil" or "replaced coils" but they were just throwing parts at the car. Havnt seen a real documented case, that I can recall.

Reactions: junits15
1 - 7 of 7 Posts