Ford Focus ST Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So while washing the other day i find theese cracks in the paint where the plastic meets the lid, is this a common problem?
I havent found anything about it, but then again im not even sure its called "boot lid" on a hatch :)
IMG_20170404_152746.jpg IMG_20170404_152752.jpg

And then there's the smoke..
I could see it while sitting stuck in traffic at first, and now at idle also as im Always looking for it now.
Let the car idle for 10-15 min and there is smoke all the time, could this be a bad turbo?

Found that many had this problem with the car but couldnt find that many answers, some changed oil and that seemed to fix it.

Oil and coolant looks fine, the car has about 37.000 miles and im not sure i can smell anything on the smoke, i have a bad nose though :)
I have not seen any blue or black smoke.

Car is still under warranty so i might just take it in, but i dont trust the dealers here.

Thanks!

·
Registered
4,368 Posts
Is the coolant level low? If no than the white smoke is most likely just from moisture burning off: IE. condensation. If the coolant level is low, there may be a leak.
Good luck.
As far as the paint, is the car under new-car warranty? Talk to the dealer about that.

·
Registered
137 Posts
My tuxedo black ST has exactly the same issue. It appears that the plastic piece rubs the paint off of the trunk. Not sure yet what I will do to fix it.

Sent from my FRD-L04 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
The coolant level is at the lower mark actually, but today i didnt see any smoke at idle.

Took the car to the dealer today and the dealer took some photos of the trunk that he will send to ford.
They had fixed similar issues Before he told me, they restore the paint and then add some tape behind the plastic piece.

I also booked a service and while they have it they will take a look at the smoke issue.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
When taking the car in, should i remove the shift plate adapter and bushings?
Dont know how they look at that kind of modification.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts