Ford Focus ST Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 16 FoST and my only mods are Cobb APV3 and Green air filter. I used to have a Boomba BOV but removed it for the noise. Before I removed it my car threw a code for not achieving the stock 15 lbs by at least 5 lbs or more. I took it in to get serviced and the code was cleared and it was fine. Now that I'm back to the stock BOV when the cars boosting it sounds like it's looking for the BOV is just stuck open. Now that I have the AP the boost guage tells me I'm only seeing 10 lbs when online the Cobb stage 1 tune should be around 20. I checked all lines and couplers and can't find a leak. No engine lights or codes, can anyone help or have any advice?

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I'm not on the economy tune max boost I reach is 11 lbs and the diaphragm isn't torn either. I took it off a 16 FoST with 3K miles.

·
Super Moderator
2017 Ford Fusion Sport
8,200 Posts
Two questions:

1. Are you on the economy tune? http://www.focusst.org/forum/focus-st-performance/40073-psa-no-boost-cobb-ots-flash-read.html

2. Is the BPV diaphragm torn? If you block the vacuum line to the BPV and cap it, does it still vent?
The stock BPV isn't very good quality it seems so if your issue isn't #1 definitely go out and test #2 from what XRJoe said above. If the car isn't throwing a code anymore and they said it was "fine" then there isn't really a glaring possible issue aside from boost leak/bpv failure.

·
Super Moderator
2017 Ford Fusion Sport
8,200 Posts
I'm not on the economy tune max boost I reach is 11 lbs and the diaphragm isn't torn either. I took it off a 16 FoST with 3K miles.
Check again for boost leaks, and just because it's not a bad idea I'd check the diaphragm for good measure.

·
Registered
5,568 Posts
Make sure all the vacuum lines are connected from the solenoid to the BPV. Just had this issue on a car. Vacuum line came off the plastic line that runs down to the BPV. Was under cover so didn't see it. BPV was always open and car would only make 11 lbs @djfourmoney

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
So I double checked the tune and I am in the proper map slot. But when I first turn on the car no leaks until I hit around 6 lbs then you can hear it start to leak and after that it's just a constant leak when spooling. Sound is primarily coming from the passenger side from the BPV area.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts