Ford Focus ST Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just a note. I recently put a boomba bov on. Maybe a month ago.

Anyway I was accelerating today, first gear, second gear, third gear, then fourth and one final whoosh of the bov and total loss of boost.
I was probably maxing out at about 16-18lbs. Not WOT, but I was getting on it pretty hard. Drove fine the rest of the way but with no boost. No more bov whoosh either, just the faint sound coming from bov location like someone blowing through a straw or a balloon that was already popped. Hard to describe.

No codes. No cel. Just no boost.

Any thoughts? Would a blown turbo throw a code? I sure would hate to go to the stealership.

K

·
Registered
2,064 Posts
Check to see if your charge pipe popped off. If you have ramps you can remove the belly pan and the other plastic bit to take a look. If not, drop the front bumper and see. If you have zero boost and a funny sucking sound then that is what I guess it would be.

If you did have you charge pipe blow off I would recommend cleaning the FMIC connector piece and the inside of the tube, spraying some aquanet hairspray on the connector, and then refitting the tube.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Check to see if your charge pipe popped off. If you have ramps you can remove the belly pan and the other plastic bit to take a look. If not, drop the front bumper and see. If you have zero boost and a funny sucking sound then that is what I guess it would be.

If you did have you charge pipe blow off I would recommend cleaning the FMIC connector piece and the inside of the tube, spraying some aquanet hairspray on the connector, and then refitting the tube.
Yeah I knew I was gonna have to get under it. I'm no stranger to doing my own work, it's just hot today! I always fear the worst for the first hour or two after a mishap. It's rarely as bad as the thoughts in my head. Great advice. Thanks HBGeek.

·
Registered
2,064 Posts
Yeah I knew I was gonna have to get under it. I'm no stranger to doing my own work, it's just hot today! I always fear the worst for the first hour or two after a mishap. It's rarely as bad as the thoughts in my head. Great advice. Thanks HBGeek.
Let us know what you find. I feel like the pipes pop off more often with heat anyways. You could look into better t-bolt clamps as well.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Let us know what you find. I feel like the pipes pop off more often with heat anyways. You could look into better t-bolt clamps as well.
Yah charge pipe. Thank God. Great call HBGeek!!! By the way is it normal to have a little bit of oil on the inside of the hose? Not a puddle, more like a film.

·
Registered
2,064 Posts
I think it's normal to have a little bit of an oily feel. You can get a catch can if you think it will help. I don't run one. I had that same feel with the stock IC.

Sent from Hoth Rebel Base

·
Registered
198 Posts
Catch can wont stop the oily feel since that's caused by vaporized oil and will bypass the catch can anyway, but it will def help in the long run or if your piston seals are not super tight usually on cars over 30k miles.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts