Ford Focus ST Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So heres the problem:

My boost gauge only climbs to a little over halfway now when WOT. I have verified with Torq Pro that its only making 16lbs of boost WOT in 4th Gear so stock boost gauge is accurate

Heres what happened:

I noticed the drop in boost after installing my Levels Performance Intercooler and Turbosmart full recirc BPV. This was on the stock tune.

I am now on the FRPP tune and have recorded 16lbs of boost. There are no audible boost leak sounds and the car pulls very hard with a little lag down low due to bigger intercooler i think. But none the less car pulls hard and is still quick imo.

Possible causes for not hitting full boost:

Larger intercooler (levels performance) most likely

Turbosmart bpv leaking...least likely

Some other reason?

Ive read on the forums that people experienced this same issue. Ford tunes do not look for boost numbers but instead for torque so the car doesnt need to hit the same amount of boost for the same torq target.

Let me know what yall think

·
Registered
7 Posts
I am having a similar problem. I thought it might be a leak so I pressurized the system from the turbo inlet to the intake manifold with 20 psi and found no leaks. I replaced the Boomba BOV I had with a Mountune BPV, which didn't help. I then replaced both solenoids, installed a few different ots tunes, and eventually I replaced the turbo with used unit for $200. None of this helped. Now I am wondering if I could have a fuel or ignition problem. Are you experiencing some fluctuation in boost pressure as well?

1 - 2 of 2 Posts