Ford Focus ST Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
so hey guys looking for a lil help so i recently install 3"rev 9dp, mbrp 3" exhaust fmic roush intake turbo smart dual port and Stratified tune and i was driving normal not beating down the motor or anything went to accelerate and felt a lil jerk and no boost but i can hear a whistle the turbo trying to spool but getting nothing

help please

·
Registered
219 Posts
so hey guys looking for a lil help so i recently install 3"rev 9dp, mbrp 3" exhaust fmic roush intake turbo smart dual port and Stratified tune and i was driving normal not beating down the motor or anything went to accelerate and felt a lil jerk and no boost but i can hear a whistle the turbo trying to spool but getting nothing

help please
Check your fmic piping and check bov. Those are the only things you changed that could be causing a boost leak.

BooSTed Aspirations

·
Administrator
11,895 Posts
Check what map you are in. Could be an eco/ low boost slot.

what boost does the AP3 read?

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
boost is show the standard back pressure of -10 to -11 but when accelerating it gets to 0 then shows it neg boost pressure

·
Administrator
11,895 Posts
boost is show the standard back pressure of -10 to -11 but when accelerating it gets to 0 then shows it neg boost pressure
Well that's no boost. So you have a massive boost leak. It should be quite apparent where it is coming from at that point, if you can't build any boost at all. Get someone else to help you rev the car while you poke around, a whoosh of air will be easy to hear outside of it's piping.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Well that's no boost. So you have a massive boost leak. It should be quite apparent where it is coming from at that point, if you can't build any boost at all. Get someone else to help you rev the car while you poke around, a whoosh of air will be easy to hear outside of it's piping.
true that will do i know i hear is more on the right side when reving but having a extra body will help alot

·
Registered
816 Posts
If it's no boost at all it would be the charge pipe. Blew a few of those off myself and sounds like what's happening to you

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I bet your charge pipe popped off. Careful not to over spool the turbo. You can damage it.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk
Yeah no hard driving here baby driving til it's fixed gonna get the car on jack stands after work to give it the full look over will report back after

·
Registered
294 Posts
If you're using the standard worm screw type of hose clamp I'd suggest switching to a T-bolt style. It'll bite much better, but be careful not to tighten too much as it can crush tubing. I also heard that spraying hair spray on the tube first and then putting the silicon/rubber connector on also helps. Never tried it, but hey.

·
Registered
219 Posts
If you're using the standard worm screw type of hose clamp I'd suggest switching to a T-bolt style. It'll bite much better, but be careful not to tighten too much as it can crush tubing. I also heard that spraying hair spray on the tube first and then putting the silicon/rubber connector on also helps. Never tried it, but hey.
I've done the hairspray trick. Works so well you can't get that **** back off lol

BooSTed Aspirations

1 - 17 of 17 Posts