Ford Focus ST Forum banner
101 - 120 of 149 Posts

·
Registered
15 TB Focus ST3
785 Posts
Holy crap, man. If they had made that turbo IWG that's what id have bought!!

@Cory there you go!
They do make this turbo IWG, just saying! I've been preaching G25-XXX for months! Love this graph!

·
Super Moderator
2014 ST3. Garrett GTX2860R Gen 2. FBO
7,237 Posts
They do make this turbo IWG, just saying! I've been preaching G25-XXX for months! Love this graph!
Well crap, thats what i get for not actually looking farther into it. I bought a gen 2 2860. Oh well, for staying with stock fuel, my results will be similar.

·
Administrator
14,317 Posts
Well crap, thats what i get for not actually looking farther into it. I bought a gen 2 2860. Oh well, for staying with stock fuel, my results will be similar.

Mmmmmm Party Starch...

Reactions: junits15

·
Registered
2018 Focus ST3
263 Posts
You could always plumb the dump pipe back into the downpipe...or have the dump pipe extend all the way to the rear of the car and add some muffling devices 🤣

Some of the colors are hard to distinguish. I wonder if individual graphs for each turbo would be more helpful...

·
Registered
15 TB Focus ST3
785 Posts
I reached out to Brian at JST and asked if I could go g25-660 and have it under tuned while I acquired fueling. He said the stock fuel system would be well within the turbos efficiency range and just be running low boost.

Just leaves more Powah on the table if my butt gets hairy... or something like that.

·
Registered
3,225 Posts
I reached out to Brian at JST and asked if I could go g25-660 and have it under tuned while I acquired fueling. He said the stock fuel system would be well within the turbos efficiency range and just be running low boost.

Just leaves more Powah on the table if my butt gets hairy... or something like that.
I ran my turbo at like 340 for a few years on just 93 before going to aux fuel. No worries at all, still way more fun than stock (pulling to redline is always the best!) Then finally got around to installing and tuning for aux fuel, you will be happy :)

You get to appreciate the new power of just a turbo upgrade, get used to how the car behaves and responds. Then once you are used to that, you can add fueling and get to repeat the experience all over again.

·
Super Moderator
2014 ST3. Garrett GTX2860R Gen 2. FBO
7,237 Posts
I just bought a GTX2867 .86 Gen2, but thinking of selling it for a G25-550. I'll be on stock fuel with 91, still worth it?
Those are 2 different animals. The .86 A/R is way too huge and spools super slow (see the graph, it spools like a 3071). Either get the smaller a/r 2867 or, yes, the g25 550 will be a far superior turbo. Just be aware it requires an EWG (i did search ATPs website after the fact and they list no such model with IWG).

·
Registered
15 TB Focus ST3
785 Posts
I just bought a GTX2867 .86 Gen2, but thinking of selling it for a G25-550. I'll be on stock fuel with 91, still worth it?
g25-550 will be the same to 200rpm behind any exhaust housing 2867.

·
Registered
15 TB Focus ST3
785 Posts

·
Registered
1,502 Posts
Thanks @junits15 ! I guess you had a slow day :p haha.

I'll throw in another stock Adapt-X map for that graph. Are these all 3rd gear pulls, right?

• Haha
Reactions: junits15
101 - 120 of 149 Posts