Ford Focus ST Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
15 TB Focus ST3
837 Posts
Holy crap, man. If they had made that turbo IWG that's what id have bought!!

@Cory there you go!
They do make this turbo IWG, just saying! I've been preaching G25-XXX for months! Love this graph!

·
Registered
15 TB Focus ST3
837 Posts
Well crap, thats what i get for not actually looking farther into it. I bought a gen 2 2860. Oh well, for staying with stock fuel, my results will be similar.
I reached out to Brian at JST and asked if I could go g25-660 and have it under tuned while I acquired fueling. He said the stock fuel system would be well within the turbos efficiency range and just be running low boost.

Just leaves more Powah on the table if my butt gets hairy... or something like that.

·
Registered
15 TB Focus ST3
837 Posts
I just bought a GTX2867 .86 Gen2, but thinking of selling it for a G25-550. I'll be on stock fuel with 91, still worth it?
g25-550 will be the same to 200rpm behind any exhaust housing 2867.

·
Registered
15 TB Focus ST3
837 Posts

·
Registered
15 TB Focus ST3
837 Posts
Boost was unchanged between the 93 and e30 map with the 2860. Just timing
Also, he allowed it to naturally drop a little bit. My WGDC is fairly low, he could pound high boost all the way to 7k. But Alans tuning style is less boost/more timing which is what I like. @rob99rt Is currently having a gtx tuned through JST and he runs a lot higher boost, with the tradeoff being lower timing. There are pros and cons to both tuning styles.
Can ya do a summary of pros and cons for tuning with adding boost vs timing? I knew this differed per tuner but never thought past that lol.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts