Ford Focus ST Forum banner
1 - 20 of 149 Posts

·
Super Moderator
2,823 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hello everyone,

This is a living document that I am working on comparing boost curves of different turbos currently available on the market. This graph is based off datalogs I've collected from other users. If you would like your turbo setup to be featured in this graph please PM me and I will give you my email address!

Rectangle Slope Plot Font Parallel

Rectangle Slope Line Plot Font

Slope Rectangle Plot Parallel Font

Rectangle Slope Plot Font Line

The way I made this graph was just by plotting each log on the same axis, therefore any discrepancies in time are removed. The logs are all 100% accel. pedal position, 3rd gear, so each log is the best case scenario for that given turbo at the given RPM.

Also its important to note that boost pressure noes not mean power, this will only give you a feel for when the power comes on and when it is held to, not how much power each setup makes. That is heavily dependent on how aggressive the tune is, what fuel you are running and what airflow each turbo is maintaining at the given pressure. The hybrid does not make more power than the 2867, but the power does come on earlier.

I hope this can be helpful or anyone looking to pick a turbo!

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
2,823 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 · (Edited)

the Garrett 2867 with upgraded elbow and the BNR spool almost identically, with the BNR actually being ever so slightly slower. Bet nobody expected that lol.

here are turboGT's 2860 logs with the custom elbow compared with stock and with the 2867 with a custom elbow.

What I would like to add is:
  • BNR2867
  • BNR3071
  • ATP kits, any and all turbo sizes that you guys may be running
  • EFR kits (mountune and full race)
  • any weird setups that aren't typically done
  • Powermax
  • Hybrids
  • BWS

If you have any clean logs of these turbos send me a message! If you used anything other than 3rd to take the log please let me know! Also let me know what fuel you used and if you are at high altitude.

·
Super Moderator
2,823 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
What we are seeing so far is saying that spool time is as dependent on tune as it is on hardware. Different tunes can have substantially different spool times.

·
Administrator
2019 Mustang Bullitt
14,522 Posts
What we are seeing so far is saying that spool time is as dependent on tune as it is on hardware. Different tunes can have substantially different spool times.
Yep, all that variable cam timing and such.

I probably have a few useful gtx3076rg2 logs. If yah want

·
Vendor
832 Posts
I don't see a criteria but you should mention that they should be 3rd gear, flat road 100% pedal at 2,500.

3rd gear spool comparisons are the best because it's an important gear for the car when racing and will show longer spool time vs. 4th gear where the car is loaded more.

·
Super Moderator
2,823 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I don't see a criteria but you should mention that they should be 3rd gear, flat road 100% pedal at 2,500.

3rd gear spool comparisons are the best because it's an important gear for the car when racing and will show longer spool time vs. 4th gear where the car is loaded more.
Ah true I hadn't though to mention that, I'll update the original post.

·
Administrator
2019 Mustang Bullitt
14,522 Posts
Got Deuce's turbo in there lmao, thats wild
Yeah, had to book a pull a day in advance from lag, lol.

Was pretty excited to slap her on a 2.3 and get another 800rpm to redline, would have made a much nicer powerband.

·
Super Moderator
2018 Ford Focus ST1 with a 2867 gen 2
2,031 Posts
Holy lag, Batman! That's brutal.

·
Administrator
2019 Mustang Bullitt
14,522 Posts
F to pay respects for the fallen deucette and the 2.3 built that could have been
That turbo f'n frieght trains in all gears, to redline. Highway monster.

·
Premium Member
1,102 Posts
This is awesome!! Thanks man!!

·
Administrator
2019 Mustang Bullitt
14,522 Posts
That's insane, makes me wish I had done something stupid powerful like that lol
I suggest building a 2.3 or 2.4 and not going ATP, to really avoid my shortcomings.

It was fun to daily, no regrets.

·
Registered
2014 ST3
69 Posts
Have G25 550 graphs i can send

Reactions: TurboGT

·
Administrator
2019 Mustang Bullitt
14,522 Posts
I need to just enjoy the damn thing for a little bit lol, a precision turbo setup with a CPE atmosphere kit would be baller. Put most cars on the road to shame lol.
Yeah man. I wish the atmosphere kit was out when I went ATP, or maybe I cheaped out. Either way, much regret. Thats why I'm going to whipple the Stang. No BS.

1 - 20 of 149 Posts