Ford Focus ST Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
216 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I've done some searching and see that vibrations are typical while it breaks in. However how long does it take to break in and does it go completely away? I installed it over the weekend and its been cool enough to not run the a/c around here. Well today I had to use the a/c and good lawd, at a stop it feels like the car is falling apart, its horrid. It honestly made me think the mount had just feel off. However if I turned he a/c off, it went back to just the "normal" amount of vibration. What's the typical break in mileage for this thing? If it doesn't get better Ill be going back to stock, no way I'm driving my family around in a brand new vehicle that now feels like a covered wagon rolling over rocks.

·
Super Moderator
9,548 Posts
Ill ask my tuner about this. Are you saying Ill have to raise the RPM at idle to account for vibration?
Raising the idle should help; it sounds wrong, but, changing all the mounts to stiffer actually reduced vibs in my car. When I just changed the lower the vibs were bad even after months of driving, so I said what the heck and changed the other two and it's better. A bit of vibs when starting out from a stop, and a bit when decelerating right around 2800-3000 rpm, but other wise pretty good. I think the softer side mounts let the motor/trans shake more when the lower mount is stiffened up.

·
Registered
216 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Raising the idle should help; it sounds wrong, but, changing all the mounts to stiffer actually reduced vibs in my car. When I just changed the lower the vibs were bad even after months of driving, so I said what the heck and changed the other two and it's better. A bit of vibs when starting out from a stop, and a bit when decelerating right around 2800-3000 rpm, but other wise pretty good. I think the softer side mounts let the motor/trans shake more when the lower mount is stiffened up.
Which motor mounts did you go with for the two sides?

·
Super Moderator
9,548 Posts
Which motor mounts did you go with for the two sides?
Turbo Tech; they are very stiff and until they break in the vibs are pretty strong, especially when it's cold. May not be the best solution for everyone, what I consider to be acceptable vibs may be off the chart for you. In any case, I would wait to see if your vibs decrease over time.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts