Ford Focus ST Forum banner
161 - 179 of 179 Posts

·
Vendor
3,284 Posts
Discussion Starter · #161 ·
Looking into installing only the throttle body spacer. Am I correct in saying it is as simple as:
- remove engine cover
- loosen hose clamp from cold side charge pipe were it is attached to the trottle body
- remove the under tray
- pull cold charge pipe out of the way
(power wire alternator does not give issues ?)
- disconnect signal plug to throttle body
- remove the 4 bolts and take throttle body out (from underneath ?)
- add spacer and reinstall in reverse order of disassembly with the new provided bolts

Have seen spacer install from another brand on cj youtube channel, they remove the entire intake manifold which i dont have the guts for at the moment
Basically, if you see our install guide, which I have linked, the steps in BLUE are needed for the TB Spacer install.

·
Registered
73 Posts
Why is the intake side of the intake spacer smaller than the head side? I have 1/4 difference from intake side versus head side?

·
Registered
1,509 Posts
Dunno but maybe they sent u the wrong one, like a fiesta spacer or something...I don't own one. Are you sure it's smaller, it's just not the slant messing with you?

·
Registered
73 Posts
No I actually measured them, the intake side of the spacer is 1/4 inch smaller than the head side. 1/8 inch on top and 1/8 inch on bottom.

·
Registered
73 Posts
So let me understand this correctly. You put a restriction in the spacer to prevent excess turbulence? I mean now it seems like the spacer is going to hurt power instead of helping do anything at all.

·
Registered
2014 Ford Focus ST
4 Posts
I know I am 6 years late but are these spacers CARB compliant. I am having a hard time finding out if they are.

·
Premium Member
2,047 Posts
I know I am 6 years late but are these spacers CARB compliant. I am having a hard time finding out if they are.
If they are not I will say it takes me 5 minutes to take them out and back in. Super easy todo.

·
Registered
570 Posts
If you have easy access to quality E85, I highly suggest you go with Radium or Stratified's 4 port aux fuel set up..

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Reactions: Caleb ST1
161 - 179 of 179 Posts