Ford Focus ST Forum banner
141 - 160 of 179 Posts

·
Registered
593 Posts
Well, these are both now on my list. I plan on going big turbo next summer, and I'll speak with my tuner about these spacers and the affects on airflow with a BT. Any experience on the Boomba side with a BT?

I'll have to upgrade my piping as well, so why not hit everything at once? Probably sticking with the stock fuel system, so no worries there.

Still just curious on the butt dyno feel without a tune.

·
Premium Member
2,047 Posts
Well, these are both now on my list. I plan on going big turbo next summer, and I'll speak with my tuner about these spacers and the affects on airflow with a BT. Any experience on the Boomba side with a BT?

I'll have to upgrade my piping as well, so why not hit everything at once? Probably sticking with the stock fuel system, so no worries there.

Still just curious on the butt dyno feel without a tune.
I had them on my stock turbo and kept them on the big. On the stock turbo it seemed that the car really liked them. I can only image that with my bigger turbo that the car will pull harder with than without.

·
Vendor
3,284 Posts
Discussion Starter · #149 ·
I had them on my stock turbo and kept them on the big. On the stock turbo it seemed that the car really liked them. I can only image that with my bigger turbo that the car will pull harder with than without.
These will help smooth out the airflow on stock turbo and big turbo! No doubt you should be seeing gains with both set-ups!

·
Registered
570 Posts
Suggested length of bolts when mating your spacer with the larger 63mm throttle body?

Sent from my LG-H918 using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
111 Posts
The bolts we include should still work!
The 63mm does require longer bolts. They do have to be a specific length or they'll bottom out in the manifold. I don't know how that'll be affected with the new TB spacer.

·
Registered
570 Posts
The 63mm does require longer bolts. They do have to be a specific length or they'll bottom out in the manifold. I don't know how that'll be affected with the new TB spacer.
Thank you

Sent from my LG-H918 using Tapatalk

Reactions: 321st

·
Registered
775 Posts
Looking into installing only the throttle body spacer. Am I correct in saying it is as simple as:
- remove engine cover
- loosen hose clamp from cold side charge pipe were it is attached to the trottle body
- remove the under tray
- pull cold charge pipe out of the way
(power wire alternator does not give issues ?)
- disconnect signal plug to throttle body
- remove the 4 bolts and take throttle body out (from underneath ?)
- add spacer and reinstall in reverse order of disassembly with the new provided bolts

Have seen spacer install from another brand on cj youtube channel, they remove the entire intake manifold which i dont have the guts for at the moment

141 - 160 of 179 Posts