anyone know the TQ spec for the manifold bolts

·
Registered
306 Posts
dang that seems high ??? but thank you

·
Registered
2,910 Posts
Bump! More gains than a cold air intake.
i installed my IM spacer (that i got back when you first released them) this past weekend

i had to leave the map sensor wire between intake tracts 1 and 2. there was no way it would fit how it was suggested - running on the passenger side of the manifold.

i spoke with someone else that installed it and they said the same thing. otherwise, great piece.

·
Registered
314 Posts
i installed my IM spacer (that i got back when you first released them) this past weekend

i had to leave the map sensor wire between intake tracts 1 and 2. there was no way it would fit how it was suggested - running on the passenger side of the manifold.

i spoke with someone else that installed it and they said the same thing. otherwise, great piece.
Any difference that you can feel at all? I assume tuning for it would be the only *real* beneficial way to get anything out of it. I like the price tag, for sure!

·
Registered
2,910 Posts
you dont really need to tune for it. the increase in the manifold size is pretty much negligible. my but dyno isn't sensitive enough to feel a difference, however - the car definately isnt any slower!!

also, i have to fabricate a new bracket for my catch can.. the spacer brought it too close to the front of the car. so i went from a custom steel bracket with my moroso catch can to a custom aluminum bracket now.

Auto part Tire Fictional character Automotive tire Metal

Engine Auto part Vehicle Car Automotive engine part

·
Premium Member
2,515 Posts
OK, here we go. #1 - place where the hose touches the manifold. #2 - a little more difficult to see, it touches the throttle body.

View attachment 89820
Was this question addressed? It looks like other user pics also show IM pushing up on this hose after spacer install. I'm also concerned that the boomba catch can moved forward 0.7" might be hard to lift up past air filter inlet and be quite close to that front ECU. I know the Boomba catch can install video shows their shop car w/ spacer(s) already installed, but I still have the stock efocus RMM so my engine may still move around a fair bit. Thanks guys

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Vendor
3,284 Posts
Discussion Starter · #136 ·
Was this question addressed? It looks like other user pics also show IM pushing up on this hose after spacer install. I'm also concerned that the boomba catch can moved forward 0.7" might be hard to lift up past air filter inlet and be quite close to that front ECU. I know the Boomba catch can install video shows their shop car w/ spacer(s) already installed, but I still have the stock efocus RMM so my engine may still move around a fair bit. Thanks guys

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
This is a clearance situation we have only seen in a couple of cars. On those cars, there have been no long term longevity issues. If you wanted to be super precautious, you could wrap the hose in corrugated tubing.

·
Premium Member
2,515 Posts
This is a clearance situation we have only seen in a couple of cars. On those cars, there have been no long term longevity issues. If you wanted to be super precautious, you could wrap the hose in corrugated tubing.
Thanks for the reply. Mine is one of those where this would be a issue, (it's a '15 so that may be part of it). I measured and the manifold, sensor, and throttle body would surely rub, and there's no moving that hose. Putting pressure on it under engine torque looks like it would strain the metal tubing on both ends of the hose, and maybe everyone else has stiffer RMMs but I still wouldn't trust it. Too bad cuz it's a good-looking piece.

·
Registered
271 Posts
@Boomba Racing - I was working on my car and had the intake manifold taken apart and noticed that one of the gaskets on my spacer has had a slight failure (torn in the corner). Is there any chance you guys could send me a replacement? I will be happy to pay S&H if needed. PM me please!

·
Vendor
3,284 Posts
Discussion Starter · #139 ·
@Boomba Racing - I was working on my car and had the intake manifold taken apart and noticed that one of the gaskets on my spacer has had a slight failure (torn in the corner). Is there any chance you guys could send me a replacement? I will be happy to pay S&H if needed. PM me please!
Shoot us a PM on here and we'll get it handled for you!

121 - 140 of 179 Posts