Ford Focus ST Forum banner
1 - 20 of 179 Posts

·
Vendor
3,284 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Just a heads to everyone that our Throttle Body Spacers and Intake Manifold Spacers are now available for pre-order!

They should be shipping in about two weeks!

Be sure to check out the dyno gains below when both our spacers are paired together!

Some benefits of our spacers are as follows:

-All hardware is included (corrosion resistant)
-Comes with engine cover stud relocation kit (allows you to use stock engine cover)
-Smooths air entering the throttle and head
-Does not require a re-tune
-Greatly increases throttle response
-Improves MPG
-Build boost earlier

The links to purchase can be found here!

Installation video:

·
Registered
561 Posts
Awesome! Order placed in black. Please check order notes

·
Registered
2,754 Posts
in for misprints :p

Reactions: jalapeno

·
Registered
1,270 Posts
What happened to the torque targets?
This.

I can see mpg gains due to a bit more efficiency, but power is limited on stock. That's why with most other bolts on you would need a tune to actually realize the benefit.

Looks like a solid product though, tempted to buy, just not sure on power claims.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,270 Posts
Looking at the chart again I think It's more of a temporary power increase as far as the torque is concerned. The curve isn't really smooth probably due to torque targeting - and you'll see where it seems to immediately come down after the torque spoke; can't imagine the butt dyno doesn't feel like it's a loss of power after a major surge in power. Tuned, looking at these charts, this could be a great addition for mods.

·
Registered
1,119 Posts
Yeah, I too am a bit skeptical about the gains to be had with these without a proper tune, so I may have to hold off on these for a little while. May take a little more convincing on my part, but I'll keep these in the back of my mind!

·
Registered
2,177 Posts
I don't believe the gains. In the graph they compare peak torque. Either the first run was a fluke or something else is up.

The same has been said for the other companies that have made these products.

·
Registered
561 Posts
I was ordering the im spacer regardless. My take on the curve is it was the first run after the install so that's why there was a wavy curve with the initial dip back down to the 270 range to meet the torque target.

·
Registered
2,500 Posts
$165? will have to pass for now.

·
Vendor
3,284 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 · (Edited)
For anyone skeptical, we did baseline pulls, took the car off the dyno, installed both spacers, strapped the car back onto the dyno, and did the resulting pulls. This was all done on the same day, on the same dyno, with the same tank of 93 octane fuel, on the same tune, with the same car. This was honestly the most controlled experiment you can conduct. Furthermore this was done on a Mustang Dyno, the hearbreaker of all dynos. The car runs and drives fine with these parts without a tune and there is a huge gain in the butt dyno, but if someone was to tune their car for these mods, the curve could probably be smoothed out as well and more gains could possibly be seen. The benefit here is the low-mid range torque gain as well as the low-mid range gain in horsepower.

We WOULD NOT jeopardize our reputation in the ST community over "fake numbers" or anything of the sort.

·
Registered
1,270 Posts
For anyone skeptical, we did baseline pulls, took the car off the dyno, installed both spacers, strapped the car back onto the dyno, and did the resulting pulls. This was all done on the same day, on the same dyno, with the same tank of 93 octane fuel, on the same tune, with the same car. This was honestly the most controlled experiment you can conduct. Furthermore this was done on a Mustang Dyno, the hearbreaker of all dynos. The car runs and drives fine with these parts without a tune and there is a huge gain in the butt dyno, but if someone was to tune their car for these mods, the curve could probably be smoothed out as well and more gains could possibly be seen. The benefit here is the low-mid range torque gain as well as the low-mid range gain in horsepower.
I don't doubt the immediate gains for sure. I'm curious how it performs over time, like after the ecu learns. As you said already tune can only make this greater product, I'm on the fence because I think the cost is pretty good and you did the dyno test which is promising. The dyno does seem to show torque targets in place, and I guess the computer can only correct so quickly to bring those numbers down to stock.

Did no one feel the torque drop off? Just seems like a big dip, lots of grunt down low then the typical stock fluff in the upper rpms.

Great work, either way and thanks for responding. On my short list for sure.

1 - 20 of 179 Posts