Ford Focus ST Forum banner

1 - 20 of 118 Posts

·
Vendor
3,216 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Boomba Racing is proud to announce our new billet aluminum light weight pulley kit for the 2013+ Ford Focus ST

The best way to free up existing power is to lighten up the rotating mass on the engine pulley kit. These lightweight pulleys shave off almost 4lbs compared to OEM, a weight savings of nearly 60%. The full kit includes a crank pulley, tensioner, water pump pulley and idler pulley; all of which are all precision CNC machined from high quality aircraft grade billet aluminum for years of durability and excellent appearance. The lightweight design greatly reduces mass and inertia, allowing for added hp & tq, increased throttle response, quicker revving and faster turbo spool-up.

Available in Natural Aluminum as well as Red, Blue & Black Anodized finish complimenting any engine bay

Professional installation of crank pulley is recommended and a new OEM crank bolt is included.

Boomba Racing camshaft alignment tool, crank sensor alignment tool & crankshaft TDC timing peg can also be purchased separately and will be available soon!

http://www.boombaracing.com/lightweight-pulley-kit/

Boomba Racing's alignment tool kit, which is required for the installation of the crank pulley only.

Now offering the pulleys as a kit without the crank pulley for those not wanting to do the invasive installation.

2.0/2.3 Pulley Kit WITHOUT Crank Pulley - Boomba Racing, Inc.

·
Registered
2,500 Posts
a little more expensive than i was thinking. maybe im just a cheap bastard.

·
Registered
2,190 Posts
Boomba, where art has sex with engineering. JP

·
Registered
1,440 Posts

·
Registered
107 Posts
Have you guys done testing on the dyno and how they performed as far as increase in power?

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,870 Posts
why do you need a cam alignment tool just to change a pulley?

·
Registered
107 Posts
It has nothing to do with power gains. You will feel a difference in the throttle response.
Read boomba's original post, throttle response is just part of benefits the lightened pulleys. I owned a set of unorthodox pulleys for my old 2g DSM and there were minor power gains, ~10-15 HP/tq.

·
Vendor
3,216 Posts
Discussion Starter #20 (Edited)
Boomba, where art has sex with engineering. JP
Can we make a bumper sticker out of that?! We'll credit your name! lol

Have you guys done testing on the dyno and how they performed as far as increase in power?

HP & TQ gains experienced a small bump on average of about +5 for each. Its the throttle response and revving that was improved due to the lower rotational mass.

why do you need a cam alignment tool just to change a pulley?
Its needed to change the main crank pulley. The way the Focus engine is designed, the cam shafts will spin freely from the crank without the main crank bolt in place. Therefore, BOTH must be aligned to TDC #1 before the crank pulley and crank pulley bolt can be installed. The crank pulley bolt then needs to be tightened to 75 lb/ft PLUS 90°, which is really really tight! The crank alignment pin and the cam shaft alignment tool hold everything at TDC while that bolt is tightened.

We cant stress enough how important it is to make sure the crank pulley is installed correctly the first time. There can be a serious risk of catastrophic failure there, which is why we recommend professional installation!

1 - 20 of 118 Posts
About this Discussion
117 Replies
43 Participants
AlwaysStayFocuST
Ford Focus ST Forum
We’re the premiere Ford Focus ST forum with discussions on the 2013+ Focus ST. Join the community and see the latest news, photos, videos, classifieds, reviews, events and more!
Full Forum Listing