Ford Focus ST Forum banner
1021 - 1040 of 1056 Posts

·
Registered
917 Posts
it just depends on whether or not you want the pshhhhhh in your daily regiment or not. Anything youre going to get from boomba will be top notch, and not everyone loves the pshhhh all the time, but those of us that do, are happy with our over eager pssshhhhh machines :)
I know the quality of Boomba Racing parts as I have a few already. I decided to go with the recirculating valve because I'm happy with the sounds my car currently makes, but this way I can chuck the stock plastic one for the peace of mind of their nicely machined aluminum one. Especially since I'm getting up there in mileage.

·
Banned
7,049 Posts
I know the quality of Boomba Racing parts as I have a few already. I decided to go with the recirculating valve because I'm happy with the sounds my car currently makes, but this way I can chuck the stock plastic one for the peace of mind of their nicely machined aluminum one. Especially since I'm getting up there in mileage.
the stock unit is laughable at best.. it still blows my mind that was the best they could come up with on our cars.

Reactions: Boomba Racing

·
Registered
7 Posts
I have a quick question, i'm somewhat new to this but other than sound is there any other benefits to having one of these installed? Like performance wise or is it just to hear the sound more?

·
Banned
7,049 Posts
I have a quick question, i'm somewhat new to this but other than sound is there any other benefits to having one of these installed? Like performance wise or is it just to hear the sound more?
they are better built and more reliable with high boost than the stock turd bpv. you can even go with their bpv for the peace of mind and not have the sound.

·
Vendor
3,284 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1,027 ·
The stock BPV is made out of rubber and plastic and is known to tear and leak boost over time. Our BOVs and our BPVs are made out of billet aluminum and feature a brass piston. The Boomba units are both tested to over 75 PSI of pressure to ensure leak free operation. Our pieces are a huge upgrade over the stock piece.

·
Banned
7,049 Posts

·
Registered
162 Posts
Installed the BOV in about 30 minutes. Couldn't be happier with the results, this thing is loud and sounds amazing. I had no problems preventing it from going off in stop and go traffic either.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Just received my bov today and installed it took some time manly due to it be hot. I'm not smart enough to let it cool down but after the install it is great just what I was looking for thanks Boomba.

1021 - 1040 of 1056 Posts