Ford Focus ST Forum banner
1 - 20 of 1056 Posts

·
Vendor
3,284 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Boomba Racing is proud to announce our new billet aluminum blow-off valve for the 2013+ Ford Focus ST!

This high performance VTA (vent to atmosphere) blow-off valve is precision CNC machined out of aircraft grade billet aluminum.

It features an internal brass piston design and is pressure tested to withstand up to 70psi, allowing it to compliment even the most aggressive turbo builds.

Spring pre-load determines the pressure differential required across the piston before the BOV opens and releases the pressurized intake charge.

Designed to be a direct OEM replacement and available in 4 different colors, this blow-off valve is sure to compliment any ST engine bay.

Installation is simple and all mounting hardware are included.

Introductory Price: $150.00

Available NOW on our website!
Boomba Racing, inc. Performance Automotive Products.

Installation video!

And here we have the Boomba Racing ST Blow Off Valve resting in it natural habitat...

Comparison with OEM:

A few videos added by a few of our many satisfied customers:

·
Registered
2,316 Posts
Questions....

-Does the OEM metal bracket fit over top of this without issue?
-Do you provide new hardware (i.e. allen bolts)?
-What are the two color matching small tubes?
-How do you adjust the spring tension for proper function? Maybe it's not required?

·
Vendor
3,284 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
-Does the OEM metal bracket fit over top of this without issue? - yes, i'll update the first post and add pics of it installed
-Do you provide new hardware (i.e. allen bolts)? - Yes, 2 longer ones are included, and you re-use 1 of the OEM ones
-What are the two color matching small tubes? - Spacers for the 2 longer screws
-How do you adjust the spring tension for proper function? Maybe it's not required? - Not required. Good to go right out of the box!

Great questions! Thanks!

·
Registered
2,316 Posts
-Does the OEM metal bracket fit over top of this without issue? - yes, i'll update the first post and add pics of it installed
-Do you provide new hardware (i.e. allen bolts)? - Yes, 2 longer ones are included, and you re-use 1 of the OEM ones
-What are the two color matching small tubes? - Spacers for the 2 longer screws
-How do you adjust the spring tension for proper function? Maybe it's not required? - Not required. Good to go right out of the box!

Great questions! Thanks!
I see what you did there... interesting...

·
Registered
457 Posts
we need moaar video, this teaser video, the bov is barely hearable on the outside while your rolling (maybe a new camera :p ?) i want somethings loud if im to buy it :D

·
Registered
432 Posts
Video or I don't believe it :).......kidding.......

Sent from my LG-LS980 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2,316 Posts
Boomba... is cutting this corner required to clear the bolt shown???

Auto part Brake Disc brake Vehicle brake Tire

If so I hope you explain in your instructions how to get the plate separated from the wires. I fought with it for a while trying to get it out when installing my Turbosmart with no success.

·
Registered
201 Posts
So if I understand this correctly, there is NO adjustment needed to compensate for increased boost pressure or elevation level of where you live like other BOV's? and that a tune is not required for the switch from Bypass Valve to BOV, unlike other companies that need to be tuned for the use of the BOV? How effective is the unit compared to a fully functioning factory Bypass Valve? Any worries about fluttering, etc.

·
Registered
2,309 Posts
we need moaar video, this teaser video, the bov is barely hearable on the outside while your rolling (maybe a new camera :p ?) i want somethings loud if im to buy it :D
^^^This, I want a loud one, give us a good sound vid, and I'll buy one tomorrow!

1 - 20 of 1056 Posts