Ford Focus ST Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,278 Posts
I have both the intake and tb spacers from Boomba. Don't know when I'll get to putting those in. Right now I'm up to my eyeballs just trying to get the downpipe in. It's really kicking my @rse.

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
My butt needs to get in and test it out...

What it does NOW, I have the Mountune IC hoses and pipe, the only issue with the entire install the hot side hose that routes near the A/C condenser is very close to touching one of the A/C hard surfaces. I played and twisted that hose so much I had a shield "sleeve" installed around the hose to prevent premature failure. So now with the spacer I have at least a 1/4" free space around the hose, thats a win in my book.

Butt dyno tells you what? Its advertised to be worth 30 lb/ft torque and zero hp. and I'm interested in real driver impressions because I've always been skeptical about spacers actually helping make more power.

·
Registered
198 Posts
its a cool mod if you never plan on doing a turbo upgrade, and a performance intake manifold. I'm not an expert but I have some mechanical design background....aerodynamics with aircraft and such, but from what I can tell with the stock manifold the air hits the front lip (where the 4 smoothed rounded edges are on the spacer in each set of intakes) thats basicly flat when you don't have that spacer on there and causes turbulence. With that said, i suppose even with the stock intake manifold and that spacer a turbo upgrade would benefit but not nearly as much as a larger plenum in an aftermarket manifold. Power gains i would think would be marginal at best even under a tune where the ST can really make some huge gains in TQ but not really HP. As far as manufacturers go on there dyno charts...if they publish it they are held accountable for it, however sometimes they don't always divulge the full details of what else is done to the car which can make a huge impact on how well a particular part may add power to your car.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.