Ford Focus ST Forum banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
408 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Yup like the title states, my boomba bov caused an accident this past friday. Here is a run down on the details. So im driving to a local Target because my wife did some online blackFriday shopping so we where headed to the store to pick up the items. Im driving west on a 4 lane street. 2 lanes go east and the other 2 go west. We come to a red light, im on the left lane second car at the light, on the right lane is a lexus ct200h and ahead of him is a matt green mercedes g wagon. When the light turns green we all take off normal except the guy driving the lexus. He had a need for speed, at that point i shift from 1st to 2nd and he completely breaks his neck looking at my car. Then i go from 2nd to 3rd and the whole time he never stops looking at my car. Because of this he failed to notice that the brand new g wagon making a right into the shopping mall and he ended up rear ending the Mercedes. Ive drawn a horrible picture to give you an idea of the scene. The gray lines coming out of the black car is his eye sight the whole time.

Sent from my SM-G935T using Tapatalk

·
Registered
660 Posts
Love the drawing. Can we get that animated? Bahaha!

·
Registered
1,215 Posts
I agree, your paint skills are off the charts. That's pretty funny though, sounds like that guy needs to trade his Lexus for a ST

·
Registered
1,215 Posts
Whats funny is that he had a muffler. Thats a hybrid, what sound does it make when its on full electric lol

Ha, it sounds like we got a guy who wants a race car but his wife made him get a hybrid so he's doing everything he can to pretend.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Not sure why a dude in a ct200h is trying to go fast anyway. I remember when I was shopping for cars, I looked up a ct200h and it seemed interesting until I found out that the 0-60 time is literally 9.8 seconds.

·
Registered
1,041 Posts
The ct200h is a great vehicle if you're into an ultra-boring half-way nice looking hatch. If I wasn't going ST I'd look at the new Mazda3.

·
Registered
428 Posts
Slightly off topic, CTs can be done up really nicely:

Back on topic though, that's funny. He probably won't do that again.

·
Registered
408 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Slightly off topic, CTs can be done up really nicely:

Back on topic though, that's funny. He probably won't do that again.
No doubt, most cars done correctly look amazing. Im thinking about the insurance claim. The G wagon has to be north of 80 grand.

·
Registered
363 Posts
lulz

Too bad you didn't have a front and rear dash cam to catch the action.

·
Registered
428 Posts
Funny story, and the best part is that the repairs on that Lexus are going to be much higher than those on an ST. I guess Lexus didn't want their hybrid to look like a gussied up Prius (which is exactly what it is), so they went the "hot hatch" look. The Lexus would have difficulty running down a vanilla Focus, let alone an ST.

Reactions: Darkdayz23

·
Registered
2,252 Posts
Haha, sucker. Definitely sucks for him, hopefully he has learned to keep his eyes on the road in the future.

·
Registered
660 Posts
Saw the thread title, got super nervous.

Read thread, laughed.

Thanks for the share. Love to see that we're still breaking necks! lol

Glad to see you weren't involved.
Totally thought this thread was gonna be about a Boomba part causing an accident due to failure, as the title seemed to imply. Story was much better than I could have imagined!

·
Registered
1,072 Posts
i have the turbosmart dual port, but same type of thing happens all the time. I love when its warm out and people have their drivers window down, when I go to pass when its a 2 lane per side road, I sometimes make sure to get off the throttle right by their window. 9 times out of 10, they get startled and their head snaps to the left and they look at my car.
Not sure if that makes me an a** or not, but oh well. I get a kick out of it hehehe

but that sucks he got into the accident

·
Super Moderator
2017 Ford Fusion Sport
8,200 Posts
i have the turbosmart dual port, but same type of thing happens all the time. I love when its warm out and people have their drivers window down, when I go to pass when its a 2 lane per side road, I sometimes make sure to get off the throttle right by their window. 9 times out of 10, they get startled and their head snaps to the left and they look at my car.
Not sure if that makes me an a** or not, but oh well. I get a kick out of it hehehe

but that sucks he got into the accident
Same. And if it's warm and I go through town with windows down and there are people on the sidewalk. I snap all their necks as I go down the road.

Local news always has stories about mass casualties or something around the same time I go through..weird...

1 - 20 of 24 Posts