Ford Focus ST Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
216 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This valve is driving me crazy with it constantly purging for no reason. Is there anyway to fix it? If not it's getting ripped off and sold. I know it runs off a solenoid but I heard there might be a way around it

·
Super Moderator
2017 Ford Fusion Sport
8,200 Posts
This valve is driving me crazy with it constantly purging for no reason. Is there anyway to fix it? If not it's getting ripped off and sold. I know it runs off a solenoid but I heard there might be a way around it
Boomba isn't the only one which does it, so brand is irrelevant. I just made a post about this a month ago I'll try to find it when I get to work and reply again or edit this.

Edit: and yes it's because of the oem solenoid trying to prevent boost under low rpm. Happens badly at around 80mph on the highway for me. You can either run the line off another vacuum source or have your tables modified by a tuner so it doesn't release pressure at x or y boost numbers. Again, when I find my other post I'll edit it and add it to this.

Edit #2: http://www.focusst.org/forum/focus-st-discussions/81249-tuned-guys-bov.html

There is the post I made recently of which several kind knowledgeable folk and Boomba Racing themselves replied and assisted me. /thread

·
Registered
660 Posts
Boomba isn't the only one which does it, so brand is irrelevant. I just made a post about this a month ago I'll try to find it when I get to work and reply again or edit this.

Edit: and yes it's because of the oem solenoid trying to prevent boost under low rpm. Happens badly at around 80mph on the highway for me. You can either run the line off another vacuum source or have your tables modified by a tuner so it doesn't release pressure at x or y boost numbers. Again, when I find my other post I'll edit it and add it to this.
:whs:

The stock vacuum source for the BOV is electronically controlled. So tune modification or run a line from a legit vacuum source.

·
Registered
216 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Boomba isn't the only one which does it, so brand is irrelevant. I just made a post
about this a month ago I'll try to find it when I get to work and reply again or edit this.

Edit #2: http://www.focusst.org/forum/focus-st-discussions/81249-tuned-guys-bov.html

There is the post I made recently of which several kind knowledgeable folk and Boomba Racing themselves replied and assisted me. /thread
So if get a symposer delete i can run a line from that and i will act normal?

·
Premium Member
131 Posts
I actually just did this last night, I capped the old solenoid line and ran a new one from my symposer delete straight to the bov. I drove to work this morning and it's a night and day difference. It almost never goes off when just cruising and doesn't constantly purge while climbing hills like it used to. I did notice a little more compresser surge during low rpm shifts though.

·
Registered
216 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I actually just did this last night, I capped the old solenoid line and ran a new one from my symposer delete straight to the bov. I drove to work this morning and it's a night and day difference. It almost never goes off when just cruising and doesn't constantly purge while climbing hills like it used to. I did notice a little more compresser surge during low rpm shifts
though.
What did you cap it off with?

·
Super Moderator
2017 Ford Fusion Sport
8,200 Posts
So if get a symposer delete i can run a line from that and i will act normal?
Yes, any true vacuum source will provide the blow off with something to go off of that isn't controlled by the computer. Theoretically it's a safety feature, but I plan on correcting mine by just having Stratified modify my wastegate tables so it doesn't blow off as easily.

·
Registered
216 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I bought the cobb ssd yesterday and installed it today, capped off the solenoid vacuum line and ran a 1/4in line from the bov to the manifold and every single problem went away. There is no surge, no constant purging and the bov isn't insanely loud now unless you are in boost over 10lbs. I highly recommend if anyone else is having this issue.

·
Registered
660 Posts
I bought the cobb ssd yesterday and installed it today, capped off the solenoid vacuum line and ran a 1/4in line from the bov to the manifold and every single problem went away. There is no surge, no constant purging and the bov isn't insanely loud now unless you are in boost over 10lbs. I highly recommend if anyone else is having this issue.
Awesome. So what did you end up using to cap the stock line?

·
Registered
216 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I bought the cobb ssd yesterday and installed it today, capped off the solenoid vacuum line and ran a 1/4in line from the bov to the manifold and every single problem went away. There is no surge, no constant purging and the bov isn't insanely loud now unless you are in boost over 10lbs. I highly recommend if anyone else is havinlg this issue.
Awesome. So what did you end up using to cap the stock line?
I used a 1/4in rubber cap and one of the factory clamps to hold it on.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts