Ford Focus ST Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What exactly does this mod do except make pssshh noises? Any reliability issue i should worry about? Pros and cons?

·
Premium Member
3,725 Posts
What exactly does this mod do except make pssshh noises? Any reliability issue i should worry about? Pros and cons?
They are all just noise makers really, the only upside is getting rid of the OE unit which is kinda a joke for robustness. It looks like it'll fail very quickly. I did the Mountune unit recirculates the air just like OE. But it is uprated, much better quality than OE.

·
Premium Member
3,725 Posts
The boomba is vent to atmosphere so you will here it much more, unless you get the adjustable model. The Mountune operates like OE so it vents back into the system, so you don't hear anything louder that the OE sound.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Is it bad for the car if the boomba vents to atmosphere?
The boomba is vent to atmosphere so you will here it much more, unless you get the adjustable model. The Mountune operates like OE so it vents back into the system, so you don't hear anything louder that the OE sound.

·
Registered
162 Posts
Reactions: Twizzty

·
Vendor
3,278 Posts
Our BOV is leagues better than the stock. The stock one is made out of rubber and plastic and is known to rip and leak boost over time. Ours is made from billet aluminum and features a brass piston design. Our units are pressure tested to 75 PSI to ensure leak free operation and come with a lifetime warranty to the original owner.

Our BOV is full vent to atmosphere for all the noise and can be found here: Focus 2.0L EcoBoost Blow Off Valve

We now offer an adjustable piece which can go from fully recirculating to a partial vent to atmosphere for someone who wants to be quiet and doesn't want as much noise: 2013 + Focus ST/2013-2016 Fusion 2.0 Fully Adjustable Bypass Valve - Boomba Racing, Inc.

·
Vendor
3,278 Posts
BOV's still create turbo lag though. That's why I went with Mountune's recirc. valve to solve the stock wimpy plastic error that Ford shoulda knew better on.
Actually this is incorrect. Maybe on a MAF tuned car where the ECU is expecting to see that air, but on a MAP tuned car like the Focus ST where the ECU operates an electronic solenoid that opens and closes the BOV or BPV, there is absolutely zero lag introduced by running a BOV.

·
Registered
222 Posts
BOV's still create turbo lag though. That's why I went with Mountune's recirc. valve to solve the stock wimpy plastic error that Ford shoulda knew better on.
BPV's recirculate heated air through the system though, that's why I went with Boomba's BOV. The stock unit works fine on a stock car BTW, it doesn't work very well once you turn up the boost though.

To the OP @slowcusst , the Boomba Racing BOV is a quality piece you will not regret purchasing...I have had several of them and they work great on a stock or modified car. It's an easy install also.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Has anyone had experience with the adjustable BPV? How loud is it with one screw out? I didnt want something as loud as a 100% VTA or even a 50% and so Boombas adjustable BPV looked very enticing to me. However i cant seem to find a single video or review of it anywhere.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts