Ford Focus ST Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Just purchased a Boomba BOV, and over the past couple days researching I have come across a couple threads of the BOV either not closing or leaking. And even one that said that they felt a loss in power.
Has anyone else had any kind of problems?

Also, what is "Normal" coming from this BOV so i don't get concerned about something with its natural function.

·
Registered
80 Posts
Your question is a bit confusing, a BOV lets excess pressure out .. you get the swooosh. The threads your referencing what brand BOV are having these issues?

Are you getting less boost than normal ? do you have a AP to check values ? If your concerned that your is not working as it should you need to do some investigating on your boost pressure. If your not feeling ill effects, why are you looking for problems you dont have.

@Boomba, no doubt would take care of you if you had a defective unit.

Just purchased a Boomba BOV, and over the past couple days researching I have come across a couple threads of the BOV either not closing or leaking. And even one that said that they felt a loss in power.
Has anyone else had any kind of problems?

Also, what is "Normal" coming from this BOV so i don't get concerned about something with its natural function.

·
Vendor
3,288 Posts
We have sold thousands of these pieces and have happy customers all over the world. Our BOVs come with a lifetime warranty to the original owner so if you ever do experience the piece not working properly, it can be sent back in to us and we will make any necessary repairs free of charge. This piece is built to much higher specifications than the OEM piece. The OEM piece is made from rubber and plastic and is known to tear and leak boost. Our piece is made from billet aluminum and features a brass piston with multiple O-rings to ensure leak-free operation. This is the strongest direct-fit BOV option available for this car so its safe to safe you've got nothing to worry about.

·
Vendor
3,288 Posts
A hissing noise is sometimes occasionally heard once a BOV is installed on these cars:

If you are referring to a hissing noise, to be honest, it sounds pretty normal based on what we've seen and experienced with these pieces. If it is making a "hissing" noise and goes away as soon as you hit the gas, it is perfectly normal. The reason it makes noises like that is because the valve is electronically controlled and is metered by the ECU via a solenoid, not purely by a vacuum source; this causes some noises like what you're experiencing. As long as the three screws are tightened properly on our BOV and the o rings are still in place, you are good to go. The car made this noise before, but you would never hear it due to the fact that it would be venting to intake rather than atmosphere. Since the turbos on these cars are so small, they are known to vent even when not making boost.

·
Registered
162 Posts
About 16,000 miles on mine. No problems.

·
Premium Member
1,055 Posts
Just went to the website... and looked one thing when I watched the install video is the odd location of the valve.. why did they put it there... appears to be attached directly to the turbo.

·
Registered
162 Posts
Just went to the website... and looked one thing when I watched the install video is the odd location of the valve.. why did they put it there... appears to be attached directly to the turbo.
It just replaces the OEM BPV.

Reactions: Boomba Racing

·
Vendor
3,288 Posts
As mentioned above, that is the OEM location. That is where all direct-fit BOVs go. Anything mounted on the charge piping requires additional pieces and added difficulty of installation.

·
Super Moderator
2017 Ford Fusion Sport
8,200 Posts
It's the best, best sounding, and loudest BOV on the market. If you by some miraculous odds have an issue with yours the team at Boomba will get you taken care of. I highly doubt you do though. Solid pieces. I'll be sad the day I finally go BT and have to swap it.

·
Premium Member
1,055 Posts
Also i would assume that the vent to atmosphere is the louder of the two... do they fit 2017's?

·
Registered
54 Posts
Around 15,000 miles on mine and I love it! I'm running just around 23 PSI with it, so no power loss there. When playing with the throttle it can hiss if you get it in just the right spot, but once you go under power it shuts up tight.

·
Super Moderator
2017 Ford Fusion Sport
8,200 Posts
Also i would assume that the vent to atmosphere is the louder of the two... do they fit 2017's?
Correct, the atmosphere venting valve is most certainly what gives you the most sound. You hear the gush of air being released quite amusingly loud. Even with a full catless turboback exhaust like myself :cool: As far as I'm concerned nothing has changed, so yes it will definitely fit the 2017. If not you can contact @Boomba Racing directly for a quicker response unless they see this and respond here, which I'm sure they will shortly.

·
Registered
257 Posts
I've had mine on for almost 30k miles, still love it and its working flawlessly! Very well made piece, i was shocked how cheap the factory BPV is, even if i didn't want the whoosh i would change the factory out for something else.

·
Registered
28 Posts
I installed my Boomba BOV last Friday. I too was amazed at how cheap the original BPV was made. The only thing I would suggest is to get a 5mm hex SOCKET. I installed mine with just a long hex key, and it took me 3.5 hours to change out with my big mitts!

1 - 18 of 18 Posts