Ford Focus ST Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone know if switching to a BOV negatively affects it? I know our engines stock is a BPV but i don't know if recycling the air v VTA would make a significant difference?
Note: I'm leaning more towards sound

·
Vendor
3,278 Posts
Running our BOV will not effect the fuel trim for a couple of different reasons. The biggest reason is due to the way Ford tunes their USDM turbocharged cars. The USDM Ecoboost engines are MAP tuned, whereas in the rest of the world they use MAF tuning. This changes the way the ECU meters air going into the motor. In a MAF tuned car, the fuel trims would be affected by venting to atmosphere, however on a MAP tuned car like yours, the ECU is not affected by venting to atmosphere. In short, you've got nothing to worry about!

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Running our BOV will not effect the fuel trim for a couple of different reasons. The biggest reason is due to the way Ford tunes their USDM turbocharged cars. The USDM Ecoboost engines are MAP tuned, whereas in the rest of the world they use MAF tuning. This changes the way the ECU meters air going into the motor. In a MAF tuned car, the fuel trims would be affected by venting to atmosphere, however on a MAP tuned car like yours, the ECU is not affected by venting to atmosphere. In short, you've got nothing to worry about!
Woohoo! Thank you!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts