Ford Focus ST Forum banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So first post being an issue. I apologize for that.
We have had our 2013 ST3 for a while now (18k miles). Completely stock and now decided I want to throw a BOV on it, I was assured it would be fine on stock tune.
There was no code for about a day but now today its been on all day. I went to the store to get it checked and that is what I was told. Overboost issue.
Anyone else experience this? Car is performing great as normal but the check engine light is on. Any way to get this to go away?

·
Registered
2,744 Posts
I had that recall done a few months ago but thanks.
Did you remember to plug everything back? I installed mine last week and is fine.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,442 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Ya i just went back under and took it apart.... and back together to make sure.

How long do codes stay there? If it was or is a sticking valve then how is this remedied other than replacing. And if replacing is the way out then when does the code go away.

·
Registered
1,442 Posts
Ya i just went back under and took it apart.... and back together to make sure. How long do codes stay there? If it was or is a sticking valve then how is this remedied other than replacing. And if replacing is the way out then when does the code go away.
I would contact Boomba to ask about it. They may have service recommendations and/or replace the valve for you.

The code will need to be cleared. Most auto parts stores can read/clear codes. Alternatively you can pick up a code reader and an app for iOS or Android and read/clear codes yourself. This setup is reasonably cheap. When I bought mine for Android I spent less than $20.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I will contact boomba.
The auto parts store told me it would be a $50k fine for him to clear the code..?
Any chance you can share what app you have? (I have android as well)

·
Registered
134 Posts
After you get the problem resolved, buy one of these: http://pages.ebay.com/motors/link/?n...229704&alt=web
I've been using mine for over a year and it works flawlessly with the TorquePro app. I believe the app was $4.99 so for a total of $14 you can scan/read codes. I know that the dealership I used to work at would charge $100 to read/clear a code, so it could save you a ton over the course of a few months/years.

·
Registered
1,442 Posts
I will contact boomba. The auto parts store told me it would be a $50k fine for him to clear the code..? Any chance you can share what app you have? (I have android as well)
Torque pro app with a Bluetooth elm32 obd2 adapter (which can be picked up cheaply on Amazon). I have heard of auto parts stores not clearing codes before for that reason. Seems to vary by region (and possibly by how well the store knows someone).

·
Registered
232 Posts
I believe the solenoid mounted next to the blow off valve is the waste gate control solenoid. If unplugged or damaged during bov install could cause your problem. If you can hear the bov releasing pressure then it's not stuck closed.

·
Registered
90 Posts
If I were you I would reinstall your stock BPV and erase your code and see if it comes back, if so its not your Boomba BOV and something else. If it doesn't come back on I would try the Boomba piece one more time make sure everything is torqued correctly......I have the same BOV with zero issues and love it and hope you can too

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Must have been that it stuck due to being new or cold start or something out of my reach. I got my reader. Deleted the code. No issues since.

·
Registered
2,847 Posts
Must have been that it stuck due to being new or cold start or something out of my reach. I got my reader. Deleted the code. No issues since.
Glad to read you were able to get this issue resolved, DHobbs. Don't hesitate to reach out should you ever need anything down the road.

Nick

·
Registered
2,754 Posts
Lol ^

·
Registered
70 Posts
Which bluetooth reader are you all using with the Torque app?

An Amazon link would be great.

I keep hearing some work with it and some do not.

·
Registered
1,442 Posts
1 - 20 of 32 Posts