Ford Focus ST Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all. I had boomba install my bov about 5 months ago. I live in the chicago area and on one of the sub zero days my bov stopped making noise. It came back once or twice since then but not consistently. It still seems to purge when I let off the gas but I'm not sure if there is any concern. I'll probably end up taking it to them this week since they are like ~15 minutes away just wanted to know about the safety of it. Thanks.

·
Registered
41 Posts
If it's not relieving pressure I'd try not to build boost much. For a short period of time I don't think it's too bad for the turbo. Just gonna sound like choo choo train. It's definitely not good for it though.

·
Registered
270 Posts
Ive read air tool oil does the job. Dont put grease it will gunk up. The problem tho is in the long run particles will scratch up the piston and will need replacing. I dont think there's a way to avoid it.

·
Registered
12 Posts
I'm having the same issue after taking the car to big bear, CA for a ski trip. I'm from San Diego so I'm wondering if the boomba bov has issues only in colder temp or is this something that I will run into again?
Thinking about taking it off if this kind of problem is persistent (SD doesn't get very cold, so if the problem is only in super cold temp then I might just leave it on).

·
Registered
270 Posts
I'm having the same issue after taking the car to big bear, CA for a ski trip. I'm from San Diego so I'm wondering if the boomba bov has issues only in colder temp or is this something that I will run into again?
Thinking about taking it off if this kind of problem is persistent (SD doesn't get very cold, so if the problem is only in super cold temp then I might just leave it on).
It will be a problem no question about it because the piston is open to air, It will have debris that will scratch the piston and prevent it from operating properly. You will need to clean it at one time.

·
Registered
2 Posts
It will be a problem no question about it because the piston is open to air, It will have debris that will scratch the piston and prevent it from operating properly. You will need to clean it at one time.
Hey thanks guys this just happened to me glad there was a straight cut answer how to fix it

1 - 9 of 9 Posts