Ford Focus ST Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I'm sure there is a thread but I'm caught in a hard spot. The top factory bolt stripped out. I am using the 5mm Allen and I stripped it. Makes no sense to me. Please help me on how I can get it out. Other wise it's to the store for a dremil to notch it for a screw driver

·
Registered
2,252 Posts
Ouch, that's a tough spot with very little room for sure. Depending on how stuck it is, it might almost be worth it to take off the strut assembly just to reach it easier, maybe then you can get some vice grips on it or something. Worst case scenario do you know how to use a tap and die? Better get a replacement bolt before you go and take it out at least.

·
Registered
1,072 Posts
So I'm sure there is a thread but I'm caught in a hard spot. The top factory bolt stripped out. I am using the 5mm Allen and I stripped it. Makes no sense to me. Please help me on how I can get it out. Other wise it's to the store for a dremil to notch it for a screw driver
The bolt head stripped out? or the threading?
Im assuming you are talking about the allen key hexagon. In that case, did you use a straight key or did you use a ball nose allen?
if you used a regular key, if you get a ball nose allen. the angle of the tool may be able to grab enough to get it lose.
But then again, if you stripped it it sounds like its pretty stuck.
The ball nose is the only thing I can think of that would be easy enough to try without having to take anything apart. I recall the space being uncomfortably close quarters and set back rather far, I think you would have a tough time getting vice grips on it.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
The bolt head stripped out? or the threading?
Im assuming you are talking about the allen key hexagon. In that case, did you use a straight key or did you use a ball nose allen?
if you used a regular key, if you get a ball nose allen. the angle of the tool may be able to grab enough to get it lose.
But then again, if you stripped it it sounds like its pretty stuck.
The ball nose is the only thing I can think of that would be easy enough to try without having to take anything apart. I recall the space being uncomfortably close quarters and set back rather far, I think you would have a tough time getting vice grips on it.
So i talked to my father that owns a hotrod shop, he laughed at me for freaking out, told me to get an allen extractor, literally right out.

Reactions: hmc2261
1 - 4 of 4 Posts