Ford Focus ST Forum banner

1 - 20 of 249 Posts

·
Registered
423 Posts
Welp. Looks like I'm gracing you *****es with my build. Remember, no matter what, it's bone stock.

SO here she sits not too long after I got her in May 2013 in all her OEM glory.

Interior shot

Here's a cardboard cutout I positioned on the blueridge parkway one day

Was granny footing this thing around

After about 6000 miles I figured it was time to unleash all the alternative stock parts I could

My first attempt at fixing the HPFP was a fail

Yikes...Atleast Autotech...errr mazda took care of it

Boost gauge activated

And one evening I opened up my hood

and I saw this...Mazda, you sneaky Pete's! My KO4 was actually a GTX2867r. Score

and this is how she sat for a few months

and my vdyno

Needed A way to monitor more than my APv2 could display so I went with this

Dem BAT's doe

Got tired of messing around with all this hot air business and figured I'd give Mazda a call. I know they had a TSB. Well I was lucky enough to catch them in the midst of fixing my BAT's.

Potato Phone beware

They even sent me with an extra so I could spread the word.

Sure seems to hold a lot

Anyways...This was taken during a Mazda Dragon event following

And still stock...

Oh and forgot to mention that Mazda decided my stock gtx2867r wasn't enough so they swapped in the GTX3067r

Sorry no photos of it but here's a VDyno

And installed some Ksport Pro's during all this ruckus at the dealer too

Potato phone again

And all good things come to an end unfortunately

Whoooops...too much of a good thing....is baaaad

And then the journey to recover reliable stockness beings

Now even the ST's can catch me...shiiiiiiiiiiiiii

And some upgrades start rolling in

Oops how dafuq that get there

And L19 headstuds...yum

Lookin' better than before for sure

Timing just right

Oh man another snail crawled up in my business. It's a HTA3586 for those wondering

and comparison to the gtx3067

4 bar map for that 46psi of boost

A free'er flowing stock downpipe

And the choice of either manifold. I chose the one on the left

And mounted to the engine

Time to get serious about not letting crap slip between the cracks

And getting there...

Houston we have a problem. Projected Path is currently off course

and Temporarily fixed

and Recirculated dump so I can keep my sanity

And the new engine is in with some temporary pipes fixed

Tight fit boss

And it's ready to go

And decided to go with a small battery tray and 51r battery to conserve some room

And Ollie @ OCDspeed hooked me up with some custom work with under-engine IC pipes

Turn this bish upside down

And how it currently sits

Whew...and you guys got the condensed, I'm only showing you half my pictures version of my build thread. Right now I'm on a base tune and 18psi spring pressure. At spring pressure my butt interprets around 400hp and shifted to the right compared to the gtx3067 and gtx2867.

Mods currently waiting to be completed is port injection setup with JMF V2 manifold. I've purchased the manifold and currently planning out the PI and injector setup. Plan on to continue running Pre-TB meth (1000cc).

I have this at my disposal

Also ordered a carbon fiber hood for that rice. I'm 1/4th japanese so a little rice won't hurt me.

My goals right now are 600whp on pump and wherever meth lands me for those times when 600whp won't satisfy. (suspecting anywhere between 700-800whp).

I'll keep it updated once parts start to trickle in.

·
Registered
1,002 Posts
nice build.... like that pad setup??? wonder i f that can be had for the ST. ps... wish i had your money too.....

·
Registered
978 Posts
Pretty nice for stock! Let us know when you start modding it. Should hook right up on the streets.

·
Registered
745 Posts
Stance that sh!t or GTFO bro.

·
Registered
1,760 Posts
very nice build. I love the look of these cars

·
Registered
2,754 Posts
I couldn't find any non-molested MS3's around here that were not racked up to 100K miles. Great build and good luck with breaking that 600 mark. One thing that the MS3 does have apparently, is the space to squeeze out 600+hp, and has the aftermarket support to do so. The Focus ST group does not have that yet, and I think not having AWD is a limiting factor to how much people want to shove in this eco-box sports car.

No tranny issues with 600hp outside of the clutch??

·
Registered
423 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I couldn't find any non-molested MS3's around here that were not racked up to 100K miles. Great build and good luck with breaking that 600 mark. One thing that the MS3 does have apparently, is the space to squeeze out 600+hp, and has the aftermarket support to do so. The Focus ST group does not have that yet, and I think not having AWD is a limiting factor to how much people want to shove in this eco-box sports car.

No tranny issues with 600hp outside of the clutch??
Nope. Tranny is good for it. Even the stock axles have been to 800+ and back on these cars

Im thinking of putting a body kit and few mods on 2001 toyota celica not sure if i shld get new car or add mods
You should probably stock it out like I did my speed.

·
Registered
1,073 Posts
So is this thing supposed to be fast or something? I dont even see any plastidip or stickers on it.

1 - 20 of 249 Posts