Ford Focus ST Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys
I currently own a 2015 ST with minor mods
Got a takeda afe CAI, both muffler and resonator deleted and replaced both with a magnaflow race edition resonator placed in mid, turbosmart plumb back valve, symposer delete, spark plugs... Etc.

Running an e-tune from JST and have no idea how much I'm pushing (not much probably)

I'm seriously considering skipping bolt-ons and going for turbo and intercooler upgrade.

What do you guys recommend, considering that I don't want to change any internals nor upgrade the fuel system.

I'm currently residing in Qatar (temperature reachs as high as 118~120 F in summer which extends from mid June till mid September).

do I also need to upgrade other things, such as, waste gate, injectors, exhaust, downpipe...etc.?

thanks a lot

appreciate all the help...

·
Registered
15 TB Focus ST3
654 Posts
If you go with an IWG turbo, all you'd need is the FMIC, a bov, and a downpipe, and of course a retune.

Oh, also a source for vacuum for the bov, ie sound symposer plate or maptap.
If you were to use something like a powermax, you could lose the bov. Bov and vacuum source will be for gtx/atp kits.

If you went EFR, you could lose the bov and if would come kitted with a downpipe.

The EFRs have amazing characteristics If you don't mind the kit cost and not having future options.

Fueling can support up to 375ish whp; factory internals 450whp, 425 is safer.

Reactions: PandabuiltST

·
Registered
2018 ST1, panda 2.0 short block, G25-660 .92, M factory lsd, comp. twin disk, xdi fuel system
17 Posts
id look into one of the smaller aftermarket turbos like the gtx2860. its a cheap and easy way to get over 300whp

·
Premium Member
1,473 Posts
You basically need the boltons to go big turbo. Lol
FMIC(necessary anyway) , DP, and intake.

Only other thing you'll need after boltons is a BOV relocation .

Reactions: Coolpool

·
Registered
732 Posts
You basically need the boltons to go big turbo. Lol
FMIC(necessary anyway) , DP, and intake.

Only other thing you'll need after boltons is a BOV relocation .
So much this. Strapping a BT on without supporting mods is a waste of time and money. You are covered for the in n' out other than the intercooler and downpipe which are absolutely needed.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts