Ford Focus ST Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
392 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have looked at the 2017 rulebook but still unclear. I want to put in a harness bar, really only to use as a camera mount actually. Would this be a GS legal mod??

·
Registered
1,278 Posts
or you can build one to mount on the passenger headrest

·
Premium Member
392 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I got an st1 package so no glass roof. I have a camera with suction cup mount that ive been using but just looking for an alternative.

·
Registered
1,278 Posts
Helmet mount like UnfocusedST said or like I said in the previous post, build a headrest camera mount. Built this one out of PVC pipe for under 10 bucks. Not the prettiest because I don't f**kin care since its only used for Auto-x and it comes off after every event, but I'm sure you can paint it to make it look nice if need be.

GoPro type handle bar mount and various brackets to aim the camera forward.

·
Premium Member
392 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Helmet mount like UnfocusedST said or like I said in the previous post, build a headrest camera mount. Built this one out of PVC pipe for under 10 bucks. Not the prettiest because I don't f**kin care since its only used for Auto-x and it comes off after every event, but I'm sure you can paint it to make it look nice if need be.

GoPro type handle bar mount and various brackets to aim the camera forward.

Ya, thats actually pretty creative. I am not going to spend 700 for the agency power setup, plus I dont really care for the design. I would fab up my own, but I do like that headrest setup. I may try to copy something like that. Thanks for the responses.

·
Registered
926 Posts
The only harness bar for this car is $700. A bit pricey for a camera mount. Maybe attach the camera to your helmet.

Sent from another garage.
I'll second this about the helmet mounted camera.

I have a Contour II that I have mounted to my helmet. It was a bit of a pain to mount it, but I have had zero issues and it provides more information about what I'm doing in the car than a headrest mounted camera.

·
Registered
194 Posts
I'll second this about the helmet mounted camera.

I have a Contour II that I have mounted to my helmet. It was a bit of a pain to mount it, but I have had zero issues and it provides more information about what I'm doing in the car than a headrest mounted camera.
If you've ever ridden a motorcycle or taken a motorcycle safety course, you'll know that looking through your turns is key. The same is true for autocross. Mounting the camera on your helmet will help you know you're looking ahead well enough.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts