Ford Focus ST Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello Friends.

So sadly my brand new FoST got hit in a dry way. The left side of the back of the car was pushed in.

I downloaded a picture and draw a line of what needs to be replaced on the car. I have no idea what that part is called so that's why I drew a picture.

We will go to the dealer and see if they can order a brand new side panel and replace it. But as far as I know they will have to take apart half of the car. When the trunk opens it seems like its velded on its body.

Fml..
Hope you have all good holidays

Attachments

·
Registered
173 Posts
Hello Friends.

So sadly my brand new FoST got hit in a dry way. The left side of the back of the car was pushed in.

I downloaded a picture and draw a line of what needs to be replaced on the car. I have no idea what that part is called so that's why I drew a picture.

We will go to the dealer and see if they can order a brand new side panel and replace it. But as far as I know they will have to take apart half of the car. When the trunk opens it seems like its velded on its body.

Fml..
Hope you have all good holidays
Driver side quarter panel, I work for a Subaru dealership in parts and I see these all the time. May I ask why your going to the dealership to pay out of pocket? Are you not going through insurance? Just a heads up you would buy the part bare cuz it does not come painted, send to a body shop to weld and paint

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thank you.
We are going through the insurance, but a friend that hit it said he wants a brand new part (original) if possible and replace it since it's a brand new car.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
It can be fixed depends on the body shop. But some shops will just get a new one due to its on the body line of the car
So you are saying they will have to remove the whole panel? That takes a lot to take almost the whole car apart?

·
Registered
428 Posts
Assuming they'll replace only the damaged section of the quarter panel (as opposed to the entire piece which would be overkill) the rear bumper, tail light, driver's rear door would all be removed. The damaged section would be cut out and replaced with a section of the new quarter panel, and from there the entire quarter would be painted - likely just a blend of colour but a complete coating of new clear.

·
Registered
1,041 Posts
Sorry to hear about this since you just got that annoying beep sound fixed.

·
Registered
173 Posts
Assuming they'll replace only the damaged section of the quarter panel (as opposed to the entire piece which would be overkill) the rear bumper, tail light, driver's rear door would all be removed. The damaged section would be cut out and replaced with a section of the new quarter panel, and from there the entire quarter would be painted - likely just a blend of colour but a complete coating of new clear.
Exactly this

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I see, i makes sense. Theyll just cut and weld it. I am going to find a good body shop or have the dealer to recommend someone really good. I want someone thats really good at this to fix it.

·
Registered
31 Posts
That really sucks. I wouldn't worry too much about the dent. That can easily be fixed. It is matching the paint that is the hard part. Grays and silvers are one of the harder colors to match and it is almost impossible to match a metallic. The car will look fine when it is fixed and most people won't be able to tell the difference but, if you are really anal about your car, you will be able to spot the panels that were resprayed.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
That really sucks. I wouldn't worry too much about the dent. That can easily be fixed. It is matching the paint that is the hard part. Grays and silvers are one of the harder colors to match and it is almost impossible to match a metallic. The car will look fine when it is fixed and most people won't be able to tell the difference but, if you are really anal about your car, you will be able to spot the panels that were resprayed.
Hi, and do you think the paint can be purchased from the dealer?

·
Registered
428 Posts
Hi, and do you think the paint can be purchased from the dealer?
The body shop would mix the paint to match the car at their facility.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
So I found a really nice bodyshop, super honest family business,. They worked on a lot of fords and mustangs and such, they also do restoration and such.
They said it will take about 5 days for them to get it back to me. The guy mentioned that they will work the metal and paint it.

Now I'm stuck with some nissan sentra, boy the car is weird.
Here is a link for the business: https://www.yelp.com/biz/lloyds-collision-and-paint-center-santee

1 - 14 of 14 Posts