Ford Focus ST Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey everyone, so here is a weird issue i have been having with my ST for going on about 6 months or so. Whenever i'm listening to anything that is via the bluetooth connection and my car passes a cellular tower it skips and hiccups my music constantly. That is until i leave the area where the tower is located. This happens all the time on every tower and sometimes even when another car that has a stronger bluetooth signal passes by me. This happens no matter what phone is paired up to my car. Heres a list of phones: Nexus 6, Nexus 6P, Pixel XL, iPhone 5,6,6s,7,7plus, iPad 4,Air,Air 2, Oneplus 3,3T. So its not an issue with Android or iOS but this head unit. Anyone else have a similar issue?

·
Registered
660 Posts
Hey everyone, so here is a weird issue i have been having with my ST for going on about 6 months or so. Whenever i'm listening to anything that is via the bluetooth connection and my car passes a cellular tower it skips and hiccups my music constantly. That is until i leave the area where the tower is located. This happens all the time on every tower and sometimes even when another car that has a stronger bluetooth signal passes by me. This happens no matter what phone is paired up to my car. Heres a list of phones: Nexus 6, Nexus 6P, Pixel XL, iPhone 5,6,6s,7,7plus, iPad 4,Air,Air 2, Oneplus 3,3T. So its not an issue with Android or iOS but this head unit. Anyone else have a similar issue?
I have had problems with the bluetooth skipping when playing music from my phone ever since I have had my car. Haven't noticed if it has anything to do with cell towers. Now I am going to have to test this theory out myself.

·
Super Moderator
2017 Ford Fusion Sport
8,194 Posts
Certain things have caused this to happen to me, but I don't think it's tower related in my case since I'm in the middle of nowhere with towers being much more rare. It's odd that cellular traffic would interfere with Bluetooth traffic, but then again if the too signals are together I guess it could cause too much noise and mess it up. The skipping occurs when my phone is slightly out of the car (pumping gas for example with phone in pocket still broadcasting to car) but I haven't noticed what causes it other times when it randomly decides to skip about. Bluetooth is a very fidgety technology.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I have had problems with the bluetooth skipping when playing music from my phone ever since I have had my car. Haven't noticed if it has anything to do with cell towers. Now I am going to have to test this theory out myself.
Yea its really weird but i discovered that cell towers were disrupting my bluetooth when i went on a 4 hour drive up north a few months back and my wife and discovered that everytime we saw one of those cell towers that look like fake trees my music and podcasts would cut in and out. Then when other cars in the highway would pass me and they looked newer that would also cause my bluetooth to have issues.

Certain things have caused this to happen to me, but I don't think it's tower related in my case since I'm in the middle of nowhere with towers being much more rare. It's odd that cellular traffic would interfere with Bluetooth traffic, but then again if the too signals are together I guess it could cause too much noise and mess it up. The skipping occurs when my phone is slightly out of the car (pumping gas for example with phone in pocket still broadcasting to car) but I haven't noticed what causes it other times when it randomly decides to skip about. Bluetooth is a very fidgety technology.
Yea frankly im sick of it. Nothing but issues since BT's inception.

·
Super Moderator
2017 Ford Fusion Sport
8,194 Posts
Yea its really weird but i discovered that cell towers were disrupting my bluetooth when i went on a 4 hour drive up north a few months back and my wife and discovered that everytime we saw one of those cell towers that look like fake trees my music and podcasts would cut in and out. Then when other cars in the highway would pass me and they looked newer that would also cause my bluetooth to have issues.

Yea frankly im sick of it. Nothing but issues since BT's inception.
Bluetooth is definitely one of the most annoying technologies to deal with, pairing sucks, sometimes the frequency stability sucks (stupid low powered stuff causes disruption...like what you described above), and it is always being exploited so being security conscious with it is difficult.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Bluetooth is definitely one of the most annoying technologies to deal with, pairing sucks, sometimes the frequency stability sucks (stupid low powered stuff causes disruption...like what you described above), and it is always being exploited so being security conscious with it is difficult.
True, but whats really odd is that i only have issues when there are cell towers or other cars near me with what i presume have their bluetooth on also.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts