Ford Focus ST Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Not sure if anyone else has had this specific Bluetooth issue, but last week my ST1 head unit started continuously disconnecting my phone from Bluetooth when trying to play music. The phone would pair fine, but as soon as I tried to play music, I would get "Bluetooth Media Disconnected". The phone functionality also stopped working. I had tried this on my Galaxy S6, Note 2 and Tab Pro 10 (yeah, I'm a Samsung guy), all with the same results (for the record, I have done the sync update). I tried doing all sorts unpairings and repairings, cache and data wiping, master resets, etc.

I had not been able to find anyone else with this specific issue, so I figured I would share my story. It turns out that pulling a battery terminal to do a reset did the trick (I pulled the positive terminal). I was getting pretty frustrated over this, so I hope this helps at least one person avoid some headache if they have this issue.

·
Registered
57 Posts
I noticed this problem and for me it seems to be related to how far the phone is from the stereo system. I my phone a bit closer and it seems to be fine.
Another problem i noticed was due to badly formatted MP3s but i don't think you have that problem.

·
Registered
235 Posts
Not sure if anyone else has had this specific Bluetooth issue, but last week my ST1 head unit started continuously disconnecting my phone from Bluetooth when trying to play music. The phone would pair fine, but as soon as I tried to play music, I would get "Bluetooth Media Disconnected". The phone functionality also stopped working. I had tried this on my Galaxy S6, Note 2 and Tab Pro 10 (yeah, I'm a Samsung guy), all with the same results (for the record, I have done the sync update). I tried doing all sorts unpairings and repairings, cache and data wiping, master resets, etc.

I had not been able to find anyone else with this specific issue, so I figured I would share my story. It turns out that pulling a battery terminal to do a reset did the trick (I pulled the positive terminal). I was getting pretty frustrated over this, so I hope this helps at least one person avoid some headache if they have this issue.
This happened to me today. I have no idea of what happened or how to fix it

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2,729 Posts
I had this happen to me last week. I was scheduled to go in to ford to have them look at it so I uninstalled my tune and was on the stock tune. Started the car up... and the radio was playing my music over Bluetooth. lmao. Uninstalling my tune is basically the same as pulling the negative terminal for a bit. Reinstalled my tune, and it's acting normal. Very odd.

·
Registered
289 Posts
Old (er) thread... But this just started happening to me! Have an St1, 1500 miles. Has worked great since day one and now Bluetooth disconnect loop. :(
I've reset the phone to factory, reset sync, I'm at wits end and can't get out to work.
Going to pull the negative tomorrow... But if any one has suggestions... They are welcome :)

·
Registered
2,729 Posts
Old (er) thread... But this just started happening to me! Have an St1, 1500 miles. Has worked great since day one and now Bluetooth disconnect loop. :(
I've reset the phone to factory, reset sync, I'm at wits end and can't get out to work.
Going to pull the negative tomorrow... But if any one has suggestions... They are welcome :)
You're already doing what I was going to suggest. I think that will clear it up. If not, dealer time.

·
Registered
2,729 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Old (er) thread... But this just started happening to me! Have an St1, 1500 miles. Has worked great since day one and now Bluetooth disconnect loop.
Going to pull the negative tomorrow... But if any one has suggestions... They are welcome
Pull the fuse from the passenger foot rest area (fuse #67- 7.5A I believe, but refer to your owners manual to be sure) Once pulled, start the vehicle and let it run for 3-5 minutes, then turn the vehicle off. Reinsert the fuse and restart the vehicle. Sync will need to initialize itself again, but will now be able to connect to your device. If your like me and have done the master reset and all other attempts to correct this, you will probably need to pair you device to your sync again. There is no need to pull the negative off the battery! Doing this will reset a bunch of other things on the vehicle and may/ may not be a PITA.

·
Registered
289 Posts
Pull the fuse from the passenger foot rest area (fuse #67- 7.5A I believe, but refer to your owners manual to be sure) Once pulled, start the vehicle and let it run for 3-5 minutes, then turn the vehicle off. Reinsert the fuse and restart the vehicle. Sync will need to initialize itself again, but will now be able to connect to your device. If your like me and have done the master reset and all other attempts to correct this, you will probably need to pair you device to your sync again. There is no need to pull the negative off the battery! Doing this will reset a bunch of other things on the vehicle and may/ may not be a PITA.
This! ^

I was just logging on to give an update--- went to pull the neg, and even getting to it was a PITA, so I said screw that - looked up the fuse pole #s, and pulled 67.
Works like a champ now :)

·
Registered
2,729 Posts

·
Registered
66 Posts
I have sync w my st3, my Bluetooth was always fine when I started my car up, ie my phone would connect immediately no issues. As I drove down my street about 200 ft it would disconnect, show on screen it was disconnected and I would have to reconnect sometimes without luck. If I went to the liquor store pulling in with Bluetooth connected same issue upon return, no Bluetooth. I was screwing around with the radio settings and noticed that the car was connected to my home wifi a few days later, since it seems to do nothing I turned the car wifi off and ever since then NO MORE issues with the Bluetooth. Same routes driven and Bluetooth works flawless now. I'm wondering , even though the two should have no correlation to each other if the sync system can't keep up with all these connections at once. I have about 30 different public wifi access points in my neighborhood so even on my phone it drops one and picks up another every 5 seconds as I drive. May not be the solution but it did resolve my Bluetooth issues.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Gonna chime in here I had this problem randomly show up. Pulling the fuse solved it for me.

·
Registered
222 Posts
I had this same issue last week on my ST1. I went here: https://owner.ford.com/, registered and noticed there was an update released on 10/14/16 for my radio. Their instructions are terrible but I was able to figure it out and after I updated my car via a USB download the Bluetooth worked great again.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts