Ford Focus ST Forum banner

21 - 26 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
I looked at the PDF and instantly had flashbacks to doing Dealership IT work. They use CDK as their dealer management system. CDK was awful to deal with.
I'm in IT too, Network Admin for a manufacturing company. I don't know much about dealership software though. It definitely doesn't "flow" like you'd expect it to.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
Quick update. I got my boomba recirc valve back yesterday. Best part was when the service manager called and said, "so we have your part but isn't this used to boost the performance of the engine...?" I very happily said no ma'am. It doesn't add HP or torque! Then I just had to take them my original recirc valve so they could put it on the old motor since they had to return it to Ford. Piece of advice, always keep your OEM parts! You never know when you might need them.

My car seems to be running well. No CEL. No misfires. Fingers crossed.

·
Registered
1,063 Posts
Yeah, as you have now noted, we run friction washers, but in all of our 500plus hp builds we do in fact go with aftermarket crank keying to prevent timing from slipping. The diamond friction washers can only hold so much. So this is a valid point on aftermarket assemblies. A crank pulley coming loose is never a good thing regardless of it's securing method.
yes keying is a big thing on the Speed3 and Speed6 also over 500+...I think this is more 500 to the crank also. Not 500 to the wheels, at that point your far beyond safe expectations of those friction washers..lol

·
Registered
67 Posts
Piece of advice, always keep your OEM parts! You never know when you might need them.
I have followed that philosophy for the past few cars I have owned and now i have an attic full of stock parts to cars/trucks that i don't own any more. :ROFLMAO:

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #25
I have followed that philosophy for the past few cars I have owned and now i have an attic full of stock parts to cars/trucks that i don't own any more.
You should've see the amount of Honda Civic parts I used to have.. hahaha. Clusters, seats, a block or two, even a couple fenders haha. I finally parted with all that stuff a few years ago. I actually still have a couple keys for cars I used to own. Couldn't find the extra key when I sold the car and ended up finding it like months later

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
67 Posts
I actually still have a couple keys for cars I used to own. Couldn't find the extra key when I sold the car and ended up finding it like months later
When i bought my ST last year, it only came with one key as well, called the dealer and had sticker shock, i should have negotiated a little better and had the dealer replace it when i was buying the car.

21 - 26 of 26 Posts