Ford Focus ST Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey just wanted to reach out in the community. I have a 2013 ST and I've been seeing people who have blown their head gaskets about how much are y'all paying with no warranty. Thank you.

·
Registered
5 Posts
I had my local shop (not Ford Dealer) quote me $1800 just in labor. You'll also be looking at the gasket itself, head studs, timing chain and whatever else needs to be replaced while they're in there. There's also the chance that it could just be that the head is warped or cracked, which means a new head too.

It's honestly cheaper/easier to swap the engine, if you're mechanically inclined (I'm doing this next weekend). Since it's the same 2.0T that's in the Fusion and Escape (with a difference in the oil cooler) you can find an engine at your local LKQ with less than 80k miles for around $500-$800.

-Nick

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thank you I appreciate it I'll keep an update on it because the oil isnt milky but we still need to do the compression test to find out for sure.

·
Registered
844 Posts
I had my local shop (not Ford Dealer) quote me $1800 just in labor. You'll also be looking at the gasket itself, head studs, timing chain and whatever else needs to be replaced while they're in there. There's also the chance that it could just be that the head is warped or cracked, which means a new head too.

It's honestly cheaper/easier to swap the engine, if you're mechanically inclined (I'm doing this next weekend). Since it's the same 2.0T that's in the Fusion and Escape (with a difference in the oil cooler) you can find an engine at your local LKQ with less than 80k miles for around $500-$800.

-Nick
Damn good idea. Easier too.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
About this Discussion
3 Replies
3 Participants
909cobra
Ford Focus ST Forum
We’re the premiere Ford Focus ST forum with discussions on the 2013+ Focus ST. Join the community and see the latest news, photos, videos, classifieds, reviews, events and more!
Full Forum Listing